I want to get into Trad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to get into Trad.

I need a bow . Looking for some thing cheap to start with but decent also.
    A few pointers .
    I read the stickies, I was taught to shoot fingers , nock at corner of mouth and thumb behind point of jaw . I also used a tab , but is a glove better?
    Anyone around Mont Belvieu want to come over and shoot PM me Ive got a big backyard and a couple of targets.
    THANKS GUYS

Check out Lancaster Archery, they sell the Samick Sage 3 piece recurve for around 130.00. They are a great starter bow or maybe someone on here has something. Just don't start out to heavy on the poundage. Good luck, wish you were close to Belton, there's a bunch of traddies around here!

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
      Check out Lancaster Archery, they sell the Samick Sage 3 piece recurve for around 130.00. They are a great starter bow or maybe someone on here has something. Just don't start out to heavy on the poundage. Good luck, wish you were close to Belton, there's a bunch of traddies around here!
      Ok thanks Ill check them out , I also got on Tradgang too . I almost fill like Im cheating

Comment

Welcome to your new addiction!

Bisch

Comment

Sage is a good one to start with! Don't worry I your like the rest of us you will probably buy or trade for atleast a dozen before you find the perfect bow

Comment

The sage has a real resale market at not much loss. WHEN you upgrade.

Comment

I will part with my Wing Archery Gull and the 6 arrows I practice with for 200$. I don't ever use it like I thought I would. Been unstrung now for a year.
              Pm me if you want some pics.

Comment

Hi,

Your welcome to come shoot with me anytime that I'm off work. I have a few bows you can try out and see what you like.

Ben

Comment

I have a 60" longbow that is 45# @28" I will let go for $200. Bow shoots really good and is pretty smooth. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you some pics.

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                    Hi,

Your welcome to come shoot with me anytime that I'm off work. I have a few bows you can try out and see what you like.

Ben
                    Do this!! Best thing you could possibly do.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                      I will part with my Wing Archery Gull and the 6 arrows I practice with for 200$. I don't ever use it like I thought I would. Been unstrung now for a year.
                      Pm me if you want some pics.

Originally posted by CEpperson View Post
                      I have a 60" longbow that is 45# @28" I will let go for $200. Bow shoots really good and is pretty smooth. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you some pics.

Clay
                      Thanks for the offer guys . I think I'll shoot a few first to see what I like. May get back to y'all later.

Comment

Good luck and have fun

Comment

Oh Yeah! Welcome to the fun side of Archery!

Comment

welcome

Comment

welcome to the trad side. You right or left handed?

Comment

Working...
                              X