Sarge the Wonder Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarge the Wonder Dog

Sarge's 2017/2018 tracking career started in October when I arrowed a doe and was unsure of shot placement, so I backed out, went home and picked him up to find my doe. After a short track job, (as in, when I drove up in the cart to where she was standing, I could see her belly in the woods). I just couldn't see her from the blind !
    Attached Files

Then, last Saturday, I shot a small racked buck in Rusk Co. on a lease that I'm on. My criteria here is 3.5 or older, because it's small ground and daytime bucks are hard to come by. I shot this deer too far back to high shoulder him, and I knew immediately he wouldn't bleed much on the outside. After looking for about twenty minutes, and finding 6/7 drops of blood, I made the call to go and get Sarge. It's only twenty minutes from the house, so my son and I got back over there and put Sarge on the little blood that I had found. A couple false starts (because I thought I knew which way the deer went), and I let Sarge go where HE wanted to go. A few minutes later we were standing over the buck !
    Attached Files

Comment

Last night I got a call from friends that I hunt with in Trinity Co. wanting me to drive down this morning and help them bloodtrail a deer shot at dusk last night. I put Sarge on the blood and into the yaupon we went. He was pulling me faster than I could see blood. Every 15/20 yards I slowed him down to visually confirm the trail. After about 300 yd. weaving through the thicket we came onto an old logging road with scrapes every few yards and a good deer trail. He passed up the last blood and began to look like he had lost it, turned around and headed back up the trail. About that time the lady who shot the deer looked out into the yaupon and saw antler. Unfortunately, the coyotes ate well last night !
      Attached Files

Comment

HECK of a dog. Looks like a good companion too

Comment

Good write up DryCreek and I am sure ol' Sarge rides in the cab of the truck

Comment

Very cool. Sounds like my mom's dog who passed away from cancer a few years back. Nothing better than watching a dog work!

Comment

Can’t beat a working dog.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Good write up DryCreek and I am sure ol' Sarge rides in the cab of the truck
                Yep !
                Attached Files

Comment

Great story! Sounds like a heck of a dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good dog!

Comment

I forgot to include the co-op pig my buddy and I killed earlier this fall. He bolted said pig and 600/700 yd. later I 6.8ed him. Tough sucker !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Sarge!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of dog Drycreek? Congrats on the tracks..

Comment

Sarge is the MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
                              What kind of dog Drycreek? Congrats on the tracks..
                              He’s a fat rough coat JRT. (and thoroughly spoiled)

Comment

Working...
                              X