What A Difference The Rut Makes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What A Difference The Rut Makes

This old nine pt was the cock of the walk in Oct. He bullied every buck on my place. I needed him dead but wouldnt use the tag as I had a couple monsters on the stand. Just over a month between these sets of pics . The last ones were from this morning.

How much weight do you think he lost?
    Attached Files

Man oh man, he looks like one old mean son of a gun. He is all scraped and scarred up.

Comment

Wow! I bet he lost no less than 75. Looks sick now!

Comment

Dunno. But no doubt he ran hard durig the rut. Looks like he battled a bit too.

Comment

Dang, I bet he lost 20-30 lbs, but I bet he had more fun exercising than I do when I go work out

Comment

I bet he starts camping out on that corn pile. Surely some of his running buddies are just as hungry.

Comment

Bad boy on the block there! Been trying to 'dance' with all the girls before closing time.
              Probably 20-25 lbs. lighter now. Heck GG, when we are studying girls, eating is not at the top of our priority list either

Comment

He's only 2! You know that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope it was worth it......

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                    He's only 2! You know that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                    Crap thats funny. if i had posted only yesterday pics, no doubt someone would have told me he was two or three.

That deer has been owning the corn for a couple months. crazy how much weight he shed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                      Wow! I bet he lost no less than 75. Looks sick now!
                      Itss all a guess at this point but I figure he was 225lb easily in Oct. Now he cant be over 150lb at the most. he lost 20lb off his dang NECK.

Comment

That’s about how I was estimating it. At that body size, they can lose 20 lbs and you wouldn’t even notice it. Hope he makes it through the winter, ol’ Boy is in rough shape! Very surprised he was able to keep his rack intact. If deer could talk!

Comment

That’s a great example of how hard the rut can be in these animals. Thanks for sharing!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I was thinking 210-220 now 130-140. Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                              That’s about how I was estimating it. At that body size, they can lose 20 lbs and you wouldn’t even notice it. Hope he makes it through the winter, ol’ Boy is in rough shape! Very surprised he was able to keep his rack intact. If deer could talk!
                              I may let a kid kill him this evening. hes a 130s deer and Im not sure he will make it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X