No announcement yet.

Southeast TX TBH'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've set up a buffet for the cat! Hope you get him soon.

Comment

Well no cat today, he didn't show up last night. He should be good and hungry tonight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

The saga continues. I didn't get a picture, because I was in a panic, but now that it's over it's a bit comical. This is gonna be a bit long winded.
        So I've been feeding this cat chickens for almost a week now, didn't realize I was missing chickens until Thursday, and didn't know it was a cat until sat morning.
        I set two double long spring #4 leg traps Saturday night after getting video of the cat Friday night. The cat came sat night as previously mentioned, tripped both traps, but did not get caught. He ate another chicken, came back and tormented them an hour later as he does, then left for the night. Sunday after church I went and got a large live trap from my grandpa, and set it inside the pen. It is staked down covering the "chicken door" so that the cat would have to enter the trap if he was going to go in the chicken door. I then moved the leg traps outside of the "yard" to where he was jumping the fence. I was positive I was going to wake up this morning to a trapped cat. Didn't happen. Now I have a big trap basically locking my chickens inside the coop. I told my wife to just open the big door and let them free range for the day while we were at work and I would put them up tonight. This way I don't have to move the trap, and replace it tonight. Free range chickens are happy chickens, or they should be. At 9:40 this morning I caught one of my only 3 chickens left in a double long spring #4 trap. [emoji849] It was all on video. These poor chickens are gonna wish the cat got them before this comes to an end. Here's a drawing to give you an idea of how I'm set up. The chicken is ok, just has a little limp now days. [emoji23]

Last edited by LivinADream; 12-18-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Lol, good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

No show last night. I am however, working over the opossum population.

Comment

After looking at your drawing and reading this thread I'm having visions of the Road Runner cartoon coming to my mind. Maybe you should look up ACME and see if they have something you can order.

Comment

Southeast TX TBH'ers

Epic thread Chase. Good luck with the cat...AntlerCollector (Jeff) knows a darn good taxidermist!![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                  After looking at your drawing and reading this thread I'm having visions of the Road Runner cartoon coming to my mind. Maybe you should look up ACME and see if they have something you can order.
                  It's been a bit comical. Have to laugh to keep from crying. I will say that I'm no trapper, in fact I have only set a foot trap 4 times in my life. 2 sat and 2 sun. Didn't really care for sunday's results (actually Monday), so I pulled them. [emoji23] He hasn't gotten a bird since I got the live trap, and that is the most important thing here. Sure I would love to catch him, but the chickens are what I'm concerned with. He will be back, and I will get him, just wish he'd hurry. I'm about to get out of bed to get ready for work. Will check trap in next 30 mins. Stay tuned!!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Epic thread Chase. Good luck with the cat...AntlerCollector (Jeff) knows a darn good taxidermist!![emoji23]
                    [emoji23]

Comment

No cat tonight. No opossum either. Maybe the silver lining to all of this is thinning out the opossum population. I did take a pic of my chickens bruised foot. [emoji31]

Comment

Man you catching the chicken literally made me lol

Comment

Good luck catching the cat. You may have to just pull an all nighter and set up on your coop and shoot the sucker!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Man you catching the chicken literally made me lol
                            Me too, I felt bad, but it's funny. The whole deal is a bit comical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
                              Good luck catching the cat. You may have to just pull an all nighter and set up on your coop and shoot the sucker!
                              This isn't out of the question, but I will say now that I have it set up to where he can't get them, it's not near as urgent. Probably going to leave things as they are for a week to see if I get him when he comes back. I'll be off all of next week, if something doesn't happen before hand, I'll set up on him later in the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X