Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Bowhunts, list needed...

Hey y'all,
    I recently ran into a fella that doesn't do any hunting because of back issues he's had but his son is a sophomore in high school now and is a bowhunter that really wants his dad to hunt with him. I know diamond C, Keith Johns and, Buffs place are all quality places to go but do y'all have any other recommendations I can give him? He's looking for a place where they can be taught and shown how to do things, not made to feel low because they don't know. This is a great guy and would do anything for anybody so any other recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
    Hey y'all,
    I recently ran into a fella that doesn't do any hunting because of back issues he's had but his son is a sophomore in high school now and is a bowhunter that really wants his dad to hunt with him. I know diamond C, Keith Johns and, Buffs place are all quality places to go but do y'all have any other recommendations I can give him? He's looking for a place where they can be taught and shown how to do things, not made to feel low because they don't know. This is a great guy and would do anything for anybody so any other recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Tell them if they want to go to First point, I'll go with them and help/teach how to scout, build blinds, corn, and put them on deer if they want to help pay my day fees! Be a cheap even trade for a chance to kill a 140+ deer and doe and all the hogs they want!

Comment

Better yet, I know of a place near Abilene that's a DIY on 6000 acres. First time it's ever been open to the public for bow hunting. It's been owned by a family and hunted by them before. There was. 175" killed off it 2 yrs ago. The guy that has it leased just got it a few months ago. Be another great spot I'd go and help them out! It's a daily lease

Comment

Here's a pic of a one from last year that walked on this place.

Comment

Dapperdan, please pm me some info on this new day lease. Thank you.

Comment

Time is the biggest issue.

I can't think of a better place to learn from the Buff's. I'd give a very high mark for Nick who's a TBH'r at Brushy Hill. I've also hunted at Heart of Texas and Kevin has a wealth of hunting knowledge. I'm sure many other places are ran by knowledgeable people, problem is they have many customers per day that would all like a little of their time.

Hunting with an experienced hunter that's willing to take the time and show the ropes would be the best bet IMO.

Comment

PM sent. They can come hunt at my ranch and take their time. I'm cheap and can arrange either no one else or another TBHer or two to give them knowledge.

Comment

Man y'all I appreciate the heck out of this!

Comment

Remind him to put his kids name in for the free youth hunt.
                  We spend as much time tuning bows and working with the kids as we do huntingClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	24506477

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                    Remind him to put his kids name in for the free youth hunt.

We spend as much time tuning bows and working with the kids as we do hunting[ATTACH]867873[/ATTACH]

@Buff, I will do that! I already told him about your exploits in Africa and how deadly you are with a stick and string!! If the boy is a sophomore in High school can he still enter?

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                      @Buff, I will do that! I already told him about your exploits in Africa and how deadly you are with a stick and string!! If the boy is a sophomore in High school can he still enter?

16 and younger

Comment

I'd be willing to volunteer my services to help. I do quite a bit of work with youth hunters from guiding, to teaching woodsmanship, and mentoring. I know a thing or two about bow hunting as well. I can't help on any places to day hunt, but could help on sharing some of my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                        X