No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to throw this off the crypto currency track, but for you guys who are vested in gold and precious metals....how far off do you think we are from being able to produce these ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
      So to start buying and selling in this all you need is a coin base app? The way things are looking right now you would be goofy to not jump in.

Bitcoin is high risk, kinda like penny stocks. Glenn Beck made a good point recently. He said if you invest in bitcoin, only put the amount of money into it that you are willing to loose completely. High risk investments are not for everyone. Could you walk away from it with a bunch of profit? Yes. Could you also loose it all? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
        Bitcoin is high risk, kinda like penny stocks. Glenn Beck made a good point recently. He said if you invest in bitcoin, only put the amount of money into it that you are willing to loose completely. High risk investments are not for everyone. Could you walk away from it with a bunch of profit? Yes. Could you also loose it all? Yes.
        100% agree from the investment side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          Leave out that Beck fellows name and you have a winning statement.

Comment

I agree with the above statement RE: "only putting in what you are willing to lose".

Regarding not being able to spend digital currency...there are many Tech companies that do accept digital currency, and many more moving towards this ability. Still not implying this is a safe investment, but its ability to purchase goods and services appears to be getting legs.

Comment

To buy bitcoin do have to get the whole thing at almost 10k or can you buy in at any $$ amount?

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
                To buy bitcoin do have to get the whole thing at almost 10k or can you buy in at any $$ amount?
                you can buy any amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                  So to start buying and selling in this all you need is a coin base app? The way things are looking right now you would be goofy to not jump in.
                  This screams that the easy money has already been made. No telling how long it can still rise but once the majority have bought that only leaves sellers. Once the tide turns will there be any buyers left to support the price?

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
                    you can buy increments of bitcoin. you do not have to buy a whole one.

Comment

not giving any investment advice and not recommending anyone buy anything in particular. i like to buy and hold coins in the 11-50 spot on coinmarketcap, that i understand and believe in. especially cheap under $1 that allows me to buy a bunch.

stole this post back from nov 23rd.
                      "If you took 5 of the coins that are still in the top 10 from Jan. 1, 2017 compare them to Nov. 23, 2017 here is what you would have if you invested 1k in each on Jan 1st 2017.
                      BTC - $963.00 to $8,122.00 - total $8,434
                      ETH - $8.26 to $422.00 - total $51,089
                      XRP - $0.0065 to $.24 - total $36,923
                      LTC - $4.37 to $76.00 - total $17,391
                      DASH - $11.26 to $569 - total $50,532
                      For a grand total of $164,369.00 for $5,000 invested!!!
                      That's over 33X your 5k investment. That's 3,300% gains!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Not to throw this off the crypto currency track, but for you guys who are vested in gold and precious metals....how far off do you think we are from being able to produce these ourselves?
                        Produce gold & silver?
                        If your talking about bitcoins, you can buy the machines, and mine yourself. About a 4 month wait on a Litecoin machine, and close to a year for a Bitcoin machine. Not to be confused with the pyramid scheme, where they try to get you to invest in the machines, and then get your buddies in, etc... I'm talking, strictly mining for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          This screams that the easy money has already been made. No telling how long it can still rise but once the majority have bought that only leaves sellers. Once the tide turns will there be any buyers left to support the price?
                          considering it currently only has about 1% adoption rate i would venture to say the majority has not yet bought. that adoption rate took 8 years to get 1%. it wont take 8 months to get to 2%...

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            not giving any investment advice and not recommending anyone buy anything in particular. i like to buy and hold coins in the 11-50 spot on coinmarketcap, that i understand and believe in. especially cheap under $1 that allows me to buy a bunch.

stole this post back from nov 23rd.
                            Good gawd man!

Comment

Ever heard of apple pay? samsung pay? android pay? google wallet? people use these services every day and paying with crypto is just as easy....once more merchants accept it.

You can also order a debit card, that spends from your bitcoin, so you can use it anywhere even withdraw cash from atm. I use one.

amazon is about to launch some crypto stuff as well. accepting it, their own marketplace exchange etc.

i dont think the current bitcoin will be the primary currency used for everyday transactions. its slow, fees are too high etc. either a fork will take it over or another currency will rise. there some that are instant and fee less.

as a currency, its just a better ledger system. your bank is just a ledger. the difference is you control your own money with the same conveniences as banking. the bank will invest your money, loan your money etc without asking you and giving you peanuts in return. if you are in control, you choose. this also means you are in control of your own security as well.

im a huge fan of the tech. especially ethereum smart contracts. research a bit on what it can do. used as a currency is the tiniest piece of it. https://ethereum.org/

Imagine a voting system. Every registered voter is issued a token and wallet. simply holding that token entitles you to a vote. each person could vote for every single bill and law introduced, elected officials etc. all on a smart contract on the blockchain. you cant hack it, alter it etc. it is verifiable by anyone. if it was as easy as opening a smart phone app or go online to vote i believe more would do it. by the people for the people.

you can create a company, where the shareholders vote on every major decision.

tons of uses are popping up. there is a new power company making partnerships that allow people to trade unused electric instead of selling it back to the electric company.

check it out, some really cool stuff being done. and anyone can do it.
                              What debit card do you use that allows you to spend BTC?

Comment

you can buy any amount.
                                Up to the 1million decimal point I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X