DIY Bow Press / Draw Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steel185 View Post
    I got the idea from how this guy mounted his. As stated before I made the individual fingers a little differently.
    https://youtu.be/6N65P66LsjM
    Now I can't see. That welder burned my eyes!

Comment

Got some of the press welded up today. Things are going well. I found out that keeping a 2yr old safe and welding adds an additional skill. Thankfully I am better at the parenting part than the welding part. Got the legs welded solid. Working on pinning the nut for the thread. I plan to cut the bolts off and tack them in place. I pinned them through the slot in the nut.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20170106_153658.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	24478553Click image for larger version

Name:	20170107_214958.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	24478554Click image for larger version

Name:	20170107_215009.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	24478555Click image for larger version

Name:	20170107_214945.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24478556

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
        The easiest way to do the fingers is to buy them from 92safari on AT; he sells the whole finger assemblies for this press.

I bought my fingers from him for my press and they are perfect.

Great projects BTW, they will serve you well for many years to come. I did the same thing (built a press) about 20 years ago and have never looked back!
        I saw his design looked pretty nice. What is his cost? Also I like the benefit of making my fingers exactly resemble last chance archery that way I can attach there fingers if they would ever come up with new fingers as bows change. Is it possible to buy the finger assembly from them?

Comment

A little over $100 for the finger assemblies; and I don't think you can buy the fingers from EZ press guys, just the adapters for hoyt.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Well I am getting better at welding which is a plus. Here is the progress so far. All I need to do is get my fingers cut out. Once that is complete I will be either painting or powder coating.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170110_214955.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24480538Click image for larger version

Name:	319.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24480539

Comment

Looking good! Are you going to use the crank from the jack or add the wheel from McMaster Carr?

Comment

Impressive! Didn't know you had a thread going as you were texting me the pic's. Can't wait to see it in person so I can rib you about your welding ;-) j/k

Is the extra welding helmet in the photo above for Skyler or Tiff?

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    Looking good! Are you going to use the crank from the jack or add the wheel from McMaster Carr?
                    I plan to use a 10" wheel once it's complete and painted. I also have thought about powder coating if the coat doesn't take up to much space.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                      Impressive! Didn't know you had a thread going as you were texting me the pic's. Can't wait to see it in person so I can rib you about your welding ;-) j/k

Is the extra welding helmet in the photo above for Skyler or Tiff?
                      The extra helmet is not auto darkening which adds several degrees of difficulty. Hahhaha. Also my cousin used it to watch me weld and give me some pointers.

Skyler and Tiff think the welder will hurt them and both run to the house almost instantly. Hahah

Comment

Nice work, looks good! What car is under the cover?

Comment

Name:	20170111_173251.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	24480606

Starting to cut out my fingers using a buddies lca finger as a template. It's a slow process but I can't afford cnc. They wanted 50 bucks a finger and I supply the material. So far I have been using a oscillating jig saw on slow speed. Also keeping the blade lubed every few seconds is a huge help. I have a plan of finishing them on my router table with a dremel grinding stone. This will work in my head[emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                            Nice work, looks good! What car is under the cover?
                            I photo shopped that in to help distract away from my fabricating mistakes.

It's actually a 90 Mustang. Watching which way my sparks go is such a pain but if I move it to my other garage it has the hazards of a 2yr old that things he can fix everything with a plastic hammer.

Comment

Name:	320.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	24480607

Comment

Name:	20170115_014446.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24480848Click image for larger version

Name:	2017011595014438.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	24480849Click image for larger version

Name:	2017011595014426.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24480850Click image for larger version

Name:	2017011595014412.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24480851

Finished product other than some cosmetic things. Took way longer than I expected but now I have a bow press

Comment

Working...
                                X