RV generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV generator

So, I’ve tried the search function but for some reason nothing’s popping up. Could be Tapatalk but here goes: I’m completely new to getting a generator for the RV. (Heritage glen hyper light 23bhhl). It’s a 30’ with one 15,000btu AC, one slide, all the amenities that come with them nowadays. I have a pole at the ranch but the family is old enough now that they will want to start actually going places. I’d like to “buy once cry once” on a good generator that will last and I don’t have to fill up a million times if we camp for up to 3-4 days. Propane? Gas? Duel fuel? Inverter?

GO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8000 Watt should do it for you.

Comment

Look at the Onan generators. I would get gas for the main reason is that you can get gas at all hours and is everywhere.

Comment

I run a living quarter horse trailer off a Champion 4500 watt inverter. It will run my 13,500 ac, lights, water pump and microwave all at the same time. I leave my fridge/freezer on propane as the gen will not run everything and the fridge/freezer at the same time. It will run 8 hours on a tank of gas and costs about $465 new (non remote start model). If you look long enough you can find the remote start model close to that sometimes. Champion does not make a dual fuel remote start as of last time I checked.

Now if you truly want to pay once and cry one you can go have an Onan Micro Quiet 4000 watt wired in to your trailer. They will add a fuel tank and remote start button. Turn Key is usually around $7000-8000. They will run two days or so non stop

Option 3: Honda EU3000is has a built in fuel pump so you can run an external fuel take and not have to gravity feed it. (I have gravity fed my Champion, in the summer the heat builds too much pressure in the take and you will overflow the generator.) The Honda costs about $2,500

Let me know if you have any questions. We do a lot of off grid camping and hunting so we are always trying new things to extend gen power and battery power.

Comment

Get minimum 5500 watt generator. I have a camper similar to yours and a 4000 watt wouldn't run it. U always want more watts then u need to be on the safe side. I had a ryobi 7000 watt fuel injection generator and it would run all night on 1 tank of fuel.

Comment

Just make sure it has a dedicated 30amp tt plug on it. Mine is a power stroke with a tt30 and a couple of 120v plugs. Just for campers.

Comment

I have two of the champion 2000s and run em in parallel. They run my 15k AC and travel trailer fine. I would hate lugging around more than those.

Comment

I have had twp Pulsar/Powermax Generator 4000watt (3500 running) inverter generators and I run my entire camper off it. Tad bigger then yours. Shipped to my door is $7-800. Super Quite. I just got done using it in New Mexico for 10 days. No issues.

Comment

Ok, I didn’t realize they made generators for campers that cost $6-8k lol. That’s half the cost of the camper!!

I was thinking something along the lines of $1-1500 or so lol. I’m willing to go up but looking on Home Depot’s site and Lowe’s that seemed to be a sweet spot for generators. I’ll make sure it’s got the 30amp on it and a couple of plug spots. They have a bunch of Westinghouse that have great reviews too, anyone had one of those? My original thought was champion.

Comment

Champion is a great choice too. I use them for my bowfishing boat. Look up www.supergenproducts.com

Comment

The Portable Yamaha Generators are really good and just as quiet as the Honda's.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        The Portable Yamaha Generators are really good and just as quiet as the Honda's.

Looking at those now

Comment

Champion 4,000W with the 30A RV plug built in. I find them on sale for under $300 a few times a year (Tractor Supply & Amazon - with free shipping). Been running one for many seasons now and have a spare new one in the box just in case. I usually get around 9-12 hours off a fill up with AC running in the heat of the summer. Runs my 15K AC with no issues. Change oil and plug every 50 hours or so. They are Chinese honda clones - and run very well for not a lot of $$$...

Comment

Weight and fuel consumption are HUGE. If I was you I would be looking at two honda 2200 to run together, or similar inverter style. The advantage is during cooler weather you will only need to run one(1/2 the fuel), but if you need the run the AC you can run both. Also moving a 50# generator is far easier than a 150# even if the big one is on wheels. At some point you will have to load and unload it.

Comment

Bought a Yamaha 4,000 inverter last year and it works great on my 15,000 BTU Passport 2910 travel trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X