Time you won’t recover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time you won’t recover

I remember a lot about my childhood, great memories and my parents did a great job at keeping thousands of photos and pulling out there brick size video camera to capture everything for later on in life.
    As a teenager I always heard the “ old people “ saying time flies by and one day you will have kids and they will grow so fast and you will be 50 before you know it.
    I’m now a father of two, my boy is almost 5 and my daughter is 2. They are gods greatest gift to my wife and I and I want to capture as much as I can.
    We take lots of pictures, and videos and keep lots of special things.

I just want some advise and want to hear some of the things y’all have done with your children to capture the good times and ways to show them old memories as growing up.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spend time with them. They don’t care doing what usually. Some of the things I did was things my wife and I also loved like camping, fishing, hunting, etc. Attend all their events and just let them know your always there for them.

Comment

My wife has made a couple Shutterfly books from vacations, I don’t think they cost much.

Comment

Pictures and videos are good but don't get caught up in trying to catch every moment on film. Spend good quality time with them and build memories that will last a lifetime.

Comment

We planned a vacation every year, something out of state, a cruise, a snow trip, fishing trip in the mountains, or Disney or something like that. they will remember the trips more than they remember a weekend at the lake, select baseball, basketball or any other sport. I'm 50 and my kids are grown, and it goes so fast, just try to have a balance between work and family.

Comment

All kids are different but mine absolutely loved travelling and camping in our little 5th wheel.

We would get somewhere and while I was getting things set up they would be roaming and making new friends (mine were a little older and always in sight)

I am 49 and my kids are 23 and 20, time does go quick

Comment

I don't think you can. That's why they call them memories. Some of the best memories to me are the ones that just happen. Like playing cow ****z baseball in between hunts. We had a little cow mud on us when the game was over.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm an old guy. We have stacks of VHS tapes and several photo albums. They are just collecting dust. My son is 32 and can remember almost everything on them without watching them. With him being our first and only child we videoed everything. With our granddaughter, we take pictures here and there, but we don't go nuts with it. I'm not saying to not take pics and videos, but you don't need to every time they poop their diapers. The memories will always be there.

Comment

If you haven't already, buy extra cloud space to keep more photos. I made the mistake of being cheap on this for a few years - deleting photos instead of paying more. I regret not ponying up sooner...

Comment

I Did not travel and take my family out of state I think that’s a big mistake they need to see our country. I’ve been to Alaska twice bow hunting and fishing I’ve hunted Kansas Illinois and Nebraska did not take my kids or family on any of those trips. I look back and say now that I was greedy and should have taken them .

Comment

The best thing you can spend on kids is... time.
                      The wife and I raised 3 sons and could not be happier. Took many pics and videos.
                      We had them outdoors every minute we could and now the part of waiting for Grand kids. Hunting/fishing trips, motocross tracks for them to ride. Of course all the shooting and archery. None of it would have been possible without the cooperation of my wife.
                      All the best to you and your family. Time does fly. Enjoy life as best you can.
                      Because we all die. It is how you live that matters.

Comment

I Did not travel and take my family out of state I think that’s a big mistake they need to see our country. I’ve been to Alaska twice bow hunting and fishing I’ve hunted Kansas Illinois and Nebraska did not take my kids or family on any of those trips. I look back and say now that I was greedy and should have taken them .

Comment

That whole " before you know it you will be 50 " is absolutely true. I turned 50 just a couple weeks ago.
                          My kids are 11 and 12 and that happened faster than turning 50. It's crazy how fast time started rolling by once I had kids. I hate that it's going by so fast so I spend every day with my family. If I'm not at work I'm at home.

Comment

At 55 I agree it goes fast and your kids are grown before you know it. Make the most of it while you can!

One bit of somewhat related advice I have is protect those pictures and videos you spent a lifetime collecting! In a couple of hours Hurricane Harvey took just about every picture my family had and also everything my parents had. We still have the memories but the pictures and stuff are gone!

Comment

Eat supper together at the table every evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X