What do you think of this guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of this guy.

He's young I'm thinking 1.5, think he has potential or is going to be tall and narrow always? Kind of funky, also look at this little guy, kind of surprised to see spikes sticking out on a little nubbin buck. He likes hanging with this 8, any guesses on his age?
    Attached Files

To young to tell anything about what he might be

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      To young to tell anything about what he might be
      Can't say it any better than this.

Comment

No telling.

Comment

I think he's too young to say if he'll stay narrow like that. Good news is that with his unique merged double throat patch (and the spot in the middle), you may be able to track him more easily next year to see what he does.

Comment

Give him time. We had a 2 1/2 year old basket rack 8 last year that really put it on this year and is outside the ears with a beautiful rack at 3 1/2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MFDC5607.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	24469341

Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0115.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	24469342

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
              I think he's too young to say if he'll stay narrow like that. Good news is that with his unique merged double throat patch (and the spot in the middle), you may be able to track him more easily next year to see what he does.
              Ya it'll be interesting to watch him.

Comment

That spike is a yearling, the other is 1.5 and no way to tell if he will amount to anything, even at 2.5 years its very hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                  That spike is a yearling, the other is 1.5 and no way to tell if he will amount to anything, even at 2.5 years its very hard to tell.
                  Do you mean a yearling and a fawn, because a yearling is a 1.5yo deer?

Comment

Any guesses to age on the 8? I think I watched him last year several times from the stand and had him at 3.5 then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                      Any guesses to age on the 8? I think I watched him last year several times from the stand and had him at 3.5 then.
                      The 8pt looks like he's 3yo for sure, and maybe 4yo. Do you have any pics of him from about this time (or during full rut) from last year?

Comment

Please read this information about SPIKES!!!! after I read it I have a totally different view on spikes and what they will turn out to be. Please anyone who has questions about what spikes might become after a year or 2, read this article. It is a bit long but has great information in it.

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                          The 8pt looks like he's 3yo for sure, and maybe 4yo. Do you have any pics of him from about this time (or during full rut) from last year?
                          No I watched him almost everyday come out in my middle lane checking scrapes but he would never go near the feeder. He looked young last year, about the same horns but a few inches wider this year if it's the same deer.

Comment

Working...
                          X