Stablizer/Vibration question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stablizer/Vibration question

Im shooting an 80# Hoyt Faktor 30 with a 6" rubber fuse blade stabilizer I had laying around. Went to the local bow shop to get a new stabilizer for added weight and to reduce pin floating. Shot the 6" and 8" b-stinger which I had heard were the best, but felt increased vibration after the shot. I shot multiple groups with both sizes of the b-stinger and the fuse. With the b-stinger there was definitely added stability and felt great while holding my pins, but every single shot there was noticeable vibration. I dont like the feel of the lightweight rubber fuse, but there is 0 vibration. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I took mine off. Shoots fine with out one, bowtech assassin 65#.

Comment

anyone had a similar experience?

Comment

Originally posted by wesd31 View Post
        anyone had a similar experience?
        Yes. I have the Axion stabilizer on my bow for daylight hunting. It makes it quieter and there is less perceived vibration than with my bow light, which is heavier but just has a little joke of a rubber thingy to act as a damper. The pin, however, is noticeably better at holding still with the extra weight.

It obviously wouldn't be practical for my purposes, but I'm curious to try one of the kickstand stabilizers that they use in competition to see how much difference it makes.

Comment

Working...
        X