Looking for a Seed drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Seed drill

Hey guys and gals, Ive been away from the fire for a bit and need some help on finding something.

A good Buddy of mine just bought a ranch down near Waco. Small High Fence Place.

We are looking to purchase a "Seed Drill". I was wanting advice on what to buy and your experience with the products that you have used.

And possibly if someone knows of one for sale.

My ideal drill would be a pull behind that we could use on the Mule, truck, jeep etc. and there are gates to consider most are 12 ft wide.

See if you can find an older JD Model B or Farmall type grain drill. They made them very narrow back many years ago. If you can buy one with double disc and packer wheels it would be better. I have an older Model B that is a 7" spacing 16 drop. Some of the older models have the extra small seed box for planting clovers or grass size seeds. Some have hydraulic lift and others are mechanical. The narrow model grain drills with mechanical lifts are in high demand in the midwest for planting food plots.
    These guys have an 8' width older Model B and several other Model B in different width:

Comment

If you have a tractor, place i work at has landpride sees drills for sale there new. If interested i can get you a price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
        If you have a tractor, place i work at has landpride sees drills for sale there new. If interested i can get you a price.
        Yes please

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
          See if you can find an older JD Model B or Farmall type grain drill. They made them very narrow back many years ago. If you can buy one with double disc and packer wheels it would be better. I have an older Model B that is a 7" spacing 16 drop. Some of the older models have the extra small seed box for planting clovers or grass size seeds. Some have hydraulic lift and others are mechanical. The narrow model grain drills with mechanical lifts are in high demand in the midwest for planting food plots.
          These guys have an 8' width older Model B and several other Model B in different width:
          http://heiligmanequipment.com/invent...isposition=any
          Thanks for the info that's the same style I've used in the past.

Comment

I have 3 for sale il get a price tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
              Thanks and please

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
                Interested also, BIGTERRY is up first.

Comment

There are also places in Seguin and in Fredericksburg that sell used farm equipment. I bought my grain drill from Dietz Equipment in Seguin. CL in Victoria and SA have them listed from time to time.

Comment

Ok we got 2 john deere 8200 grain drills barn kept take your pick for $1200 the third is a Massey fruegerson 33 single disk for $600 it has been sitting outside. Located in taylor. Pm your number and I'll text you pictures I can't get them to resize.

Comment

I have a 8' 3 point TYE pasture pleasure. New bearings in double disc openers, All new seed cups. All reworked last year and planted maybe 5 acres.

Comment

pms replied to

If I missed yours call me out. Sorry if I did.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Might try local Texas Parks and Wildlife biologist. Here where I'm at, apparently they willlet you borrow one for free and will even set it for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X