Oran Hill Outfitters...5 Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oran Hill Outfitters...5 Stars

I know many people had told me to set my goals low at this place, but I am going to be honest. Those folks obviously have no clue what they are talking about. We had an amazing time, and we saw a TON of animals. My dad dropped a very nice 7 point. I shot a 9 point that was easily 135" (unfortunately the blood trail stopped after 150 yards and we never found him) and I killed a huge hog. In our group of 4 we all saw at least 7-8 deer per set. When I shot the 9 point, I had 6 other shooters under my feeder at the same time. We had an amazing time, people were very nice. I have already planned another trip for the end of the month. I give these guys a pat on the back, cannot wait to go kill some more!!!! And for those of you wondering why we did not shoot more than just the one buck a piece, 2 of our guys have never killed with a bow and missed about 3 times a piece. We all missed at least once. The deer here are string shy...you better know what you are doing!!!
    Attached Files

Nice try

Comment

Originally posted by axis16 View Post
      Nice try
      And by nice try you mean what?

Comment

Where was this ranch located bud? The one I went to about 6 years ago was near Burnet and highly unimpressive. The worst part was Oran didn't come off honest and was incredibly gruff to put it nicely. Glad to hear you had a good experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire View Post
          Where was this ranch located bud? The one I went to about 6 years ago was near Burnet and highly unimpressive. The worst part was Oran didn't come off honest and was incredibly gruff to put it nicely. Glad to hear you had a good experience!
          This ranch was in Bluffton..right on the lake. Which is just across the lake from Burnet. Well on the dried up part of the lake. Deer were everywhere. We video taped or took pictures of a total of 43 deer between the four of us, and that is not including the hogs or the deer that came in when it was too dark. They have only been on this new ranch for 4 years though. It is a very nice property as far as I see it, but you are right Oran is a gruff man. However he put us on the animals. His guide Steven was very helpful as well.

Comment

Only been on the new ranch for 4 years.... That explains a lot. In 3 years or less it will be just like his other ranches. Enjoy while you can.

Comment

So what are the rules for his place? What can you shoot, how big, how many, etc?

Comment

This place is like JD Coxs place they may be brothers

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
                  So what are the rules for his place? What can you shoot, how big, how many, etc?
                  You can shoot one buck must be 4.5 years or older or you can kill one management buck/spike. You can kill 3 does and unlimited hogs. I had at least one shot opportunity on every sit. But you can only shoot one deer per sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooed Hunter View Post
                    You can shoot one buck must be 4.5 years or older or you can kill one management buck/spike. You can kill 3 does and unlimited hogs. I had at least one shot opportunity on every sit. But you can only shoot one deer per sit.
                    Who decides if its 4.5 or older and how does this person decide if it is?

Glad you had a good time. You are one of the lucky ones.

PS: Your guide, Steven, is Oran's grandson. I will say he was nice to is too. If Oran would get out of the way and let Steven run the business and hunts they'd probably have a better name.

Comment

Working...
                    X