Do you agree???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you agree???

There are so many different opinions on broadheads so I've decided to just buy 1 brand of broadhead and sight my bow in with that broadhead. It will be 1 that i can get at Academy or Gander Mountain because those are my closest options. Do you agree with this method?

Not me. Ill be shooting 4 different brands of heads this year. I get bored with just one brand. My quiver last weekend turkey hunting had one of all 4 in it lol.

Comment

Yup, all the broadheads hype is sort of silly to me. Find a sharp, straight flying head and PRACTICE. Know your equipment and YOUR limits and go hunt. Sharp broadhead in kill zone = dead animals.

Comment

If you have proven results with the one broadhead you choose- Yes I think its a good method. Ill be doing the same (picking one and sticking with it.) Hard to beat the value of the Muzzy three blades- 6 pack from Academy costs $35. And readily available.

That being said, I have no problem carrying multiple broadheads in my quiver.

Comment

I have been using the same head for 10 years
          Ragin changes heads 10 times in a month
          Just have fun with it

Comment

Yes with the part about sticking to one. I wouldn't limit myself to those stores though. Find one that works and you're happy with, then shoot it till you aren't. It's actually pretty easy to stock up when your not shooting a new head each year. Start with plenty and build from there.

Comment

I find 1 brand that flies good and is sharp. I don't change unless a problem comes up.

Comment

I think there is a saying, at least I've heard it somewhere. It might not be a saying...

If it ain't broke, don't go mechanical.

Or something like that.

I chose grimm reaper to start off. Flew great, had a problem on my first animal. Not quite enough KE. Went with a good fixed blade (magnus). Killed things with it, saw no need to change it until I started shooting traditional and needed a heavier head. Now shooting Zwickey, so far so good, so I don't plan on changing.

Starting off though, I would do some research. There are some broadheads I would definately stay away from based soley on research. One or two complaints is one thing, when they pile up or are controversial, there are likely still better options out there.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                  Do you agree with this method?
                  No, no I do not.

Comment

Pick one that works the best for you and use it until you become unhappy with it. Repeat...

Some repeat multiple times a year, some never do.

Comment

Yep one brand for me! I may switch if I find one I like better every couple years but not often..

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                        Pick one that works the best for you and use it until you become unhappy with it. Repeat...

Some repeat multiple times a year, some never do.
                        That's a great/simple way to put it

Comment

Those that change heads as often as underware, they just like playing with bows. That alone can be enjoyable. I enjoy testing new equipment for some sponsers.
                          If you don't get off changing all the time but would rather have something you know and is dependable, go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I think there is a saying, at least I've heard it somewhere. It might not be a saying...

If it ain't broke, don't go mechanical.

Or something like that.

I chose grimm reaper to start off. Flew great, had a problem on my first animal. Not quite enough KE. Went with a good fixed blade (magnus). Killed things with it, saw no need to change it until I started shooting traditional and needed a heavier head. Now shooting Zwickey, so far so good, so I don't plan on changing.

Starting off though, I would do some research. There are some broadheads I would definately stay away from based soley on research. One or two complaints is one thing, when they pile up or are controversial, there are likely still better options out there.
                            Magnus was one of the broadheads suggested to me because i shoot 57#.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X