No announcement yet.

57$ easy hog light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone post the link to these lights? I can't find them on either costco or northern tool

scratch that I just found them..
    Last edited by knighttime; 02-13-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
      Can someone post the link to these lights? I can't find them on either costco or northern tool

scratch that I just found them..
      How much at Costco? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
        Not sure costco has them. This is the cheapest option I have found. Look for the $10 off coupons they often have as well.

Edit: Scroll to the bottom and there is coupon for these right now. $32 limit of 3
        Last edited by Tide; 03-05-2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
          I saw them at Costco in Houston last week for $29

Comment

Quick question, how far from your feeder are you putting these lights? Also what height are ya'll putting them at?

Got one set up just need to install it in the rain tomorrow.....

Comment

Think mines about 15 ' away 7' up

Comment

I just finished assembling one of these.

I put it on a 4x4x10' post, and all the wiring is in conduit to hopefully keep the squirrels from eating it.

Gonna set it in the morning, I'll get a pic of it then.

Thanks for the idea!

Comment

They will work long enough to save up for a SNIPERHAWGLIGHTS feeder light.

Comment

[ATTACH]701850[/ATTACH]

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Mine has been running on the feeder in the back yard for a couple days. Deer dont seem to mind it. I bought the light and red film off amazon and everything else I had left over from other projects.
                      Attached Files

Comment

pretty cool idea

Comment

Thanks for this great idea, I have 2 lights ordered. I will be stealing the portable idea!!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

FANTASTIC IDEAS...THANKS FOR THE post

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                                Ok, so I took the idea on this thread and this is how we decided to set it up at our place. We put 3 of these out. Killed the 1st pig 10 hrs after setting them up. So, here's the story. Most of our pig activity, according to our cameras, is between shortly after dark until about 10:00pm, with prime time being about 7:00-9:00 pm. We set the lights up midday around noon and decided we'd go ahead and sit that same evening starting right at dark until about 9:00. Then, we would start predator hunting. Well, while we were sitting in the stands, neither I nor Cowdog saw anything. So, we met back at camp, regrouped, grabbed the AR's and headed out with the FoxPro and the Mojo Critters. We sat at one stand and didn't get anything. Then, we moved over to the levy by the stock tank. We were on the levy, facing down into the creek bottom which is lined with an oak grove on either side and tends to be heavily traveled by all sorts of wildlife. Coincidentally, about 60 yards beyond where the FoxPro was set, back in the treeline, was my ladder stand. Which, just happens to be one of the spots where we placed a light. While we were calling, we saw a couple of sets of eyes that slowly started making their way toward the FoxPro. Then, back in the trees, we saw the newly placed red light come on. Then, it turned off. We both figured that it was an animal moving down the creek bed toward our Fox Pro. The light turned off and then back on again. The came on and turned off several times. So, we decided that something was definitely hanging at the feeder. So, we decided to try to stalk up to it for a peak. We left the Fox Pro running to help mask any noises we might make, since it apparently wasn't bothering whatever was at the feeder. Total distance we had to cover on foot was about 125 yards to the feeder. I was carrying a Daniel Defense DDM4V5 while Cowdog was toting an AR IN 300 Blackout w/ Subsonic ammo and a can. Both of us were set up with a Kill Light on our guns. We decided to only move when the light was on in hopes that the light would help wash out some of the night vision of whatever lay in wait for us at the feeder. When we got to about 50 yards from the feeder, we were still able to see the light coming on, but not able to see anything under the feeder. But, we were looking through a lot of underbrush and trees at this point. It was here that we heard a pig squeal. That got our hearts pounding as we realized that it was about to be on. The next time the light came on, we moved a bit closer and Cowdog was able to actually see a pig for just a moment. We continued to move up. Suddenly, I heard rustling in the brush and thought we'd been busted and the pigs were running off. So, we began to run toward the feeder to get ourselves into the open to be able to take a shot. Then, suddenly, the light came back on. I saw a pig dart to the right next to the feeder. Then, it stopped and faced right at me. I squatted down to get a clear shot under the low hanging branches, I was able to squeeze off a shot, striking the pig in the left eye and dropping her in her tracks. Then, suddenly it was pig mania. There were at least 6-8 other pigs that we hadn't even seen yet. They took off running everywhere. I was only able to safely get off two more shots before I reached my left lateral limit because of Cowdog's position. He, however dumped 16 rounds on several pigs in a matter of a few seconds. Since he was shooting the subsonic ammo and running that kill light, he was actually able to see his rounds impacting pigs. He hit at least 3. They all kept running though. We looked for a few minutes but didn't spend much time looking for the ones that ran. We decided to try to find them the next morning.

Afterward, we were jumping around like little kids. Our adrenaline was pumping and were giggling like school girls. It was really an awesome experience. I'll post a few pics of how ere set up our lights, as well as the 1st LDP That we can credit to the new and extremely fun setup. [ATTACH]690402[/ATTACH][ATTACH]690403[/ATTACH]

Congrats man!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X