Buck with a broken jaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck with a broken jaw

Well, last weekend I took an old buck with a healed but very crooked broken jaw. I stopped running trail cameras on this place so we never know what’s going to show up. It was COLD sat and I was reluctant to pull my hands from my warm pockets when this guy walked out. From 50 yards I didn’t see much reason to kill him since he wasn’t a monster. I figured he would be a great buck for one of the other guys to kill or for a family member. Sagging belly, brisket and pronounced withers, this guy was even sort of smaller that some of the other deer I’d seen. But I noticed one weird thing. He was drooling. Lol. I picked of the binos and sure enough, there was a string of drool hanging down about a foot and I could see a snaggle tooth. I glasses him for a bit and realized he definitely had an old war wound and his jaw was crooked. Anyway, I took him and donated the meat. Here are some pics. Kerr county in hunt Tx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely looks like he's had better days.

Comment

Lol yea. The drool was what got me. He would nibble some corn and some would fall out with a bunch of slobber.

Comment

That's a pretty nice 10 point. Probably broke his jaw fighting but who really knows. You got yourself a nice one just the same. And good for you for donating the meat to someone who probably needs it. Are you gonna have him mounted or perhaps euro'ed?

Comment

I think you did him a favor, nice deer.

Comment

Thanks guys I felt good about the harvest. God is good for sure. I’m going to have him euro mounted since my taxi bill and wall just can’t handle anything that’s not a giant. Good little ten with a small sticker on the tail of his left beam.

Comment

Looks like you did him a favor. Pretty good deer, congrats !!

Comment

Good for you, good looking buck.

Comment

Looks he got beat up during the rut one year. Nice harvest though.

Comment

Nice job.

Comment

You did that buck a favor! Congrats.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice Buck. Definitely make for an interesting mount.

Comment

Had that happen to one last year. Was saving him for my niece but we never got him I wish I would have shot him

Comment

I have one is Spicewood with a broken jaw. His tongue hangs out and to swallow corn, he puts his nose straight into the air. He doesn't even chew it. Oh yeah, he also has a Mercedes symbol scar on his shoulder from my son's bad luck. Been a tough year for that rascal.

Comment

Working...
                              X