wifi/cell booster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wifi/cell booster?

My insulated metal shop is about 30' from the house (specifically the office where our router is. Just got heat/AC installed in shop. When the shop door was open, i got decent cell/wifi signal inside. Now that im keeping it closed, i dont get a signal inside. Im guessing there must be some sort of antennae I can put outside the shop to carry the signal through the wall, but dont know what it would be and figured id get yalls expertise. Running a hard wire to another router would not be my first choice due to concrete between house and shop.

Weboost Products. They have residential stuff for permanent mount applications, and smaller kits that can be moved if needed. Both work great.

Comment

I use the weboast here in the house and it has worked great for us. Not the cheapest boaster but worth it to me. I think I spent about $550 on mine but it does 5000 Sq. Ft.

-john

Comment

another option is to run a either cable cat 5 type line to another wireless router inside the shop . You may have to set a static IP address to the shop one if it will not hook up . same IP will not work its about brand .

Comment

Here you go! www.weboost.com

Previously Wilson.

Comment

Power-over-ethernet will solve your problem for wifi without running another cable to your shop, as long as your shop and house are running off the same power line from the pole.

You run a cable from your modem to a POE access point which plugs into a wall socket, and then in your shop you plug a POE access point into a socket and run an ethernet cable from the POE access point to a router. You can get the whole setup for under $100.
            Last edited by sir shovelhands; 08-22-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Here is mine inside my metal cabin by WeBoost

Comment

I run a weboost system out of my metal shop at home and also a unit in my work truck.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  Power-over-ethernet will solve your problem for wifi without running another cable to your shop, as long as your shop and house are running off the same power line from the pole.

You run a cable from your modem to a POE access point which plugs into a wall socket, and then in your shop you plug a POE access point into a socket and run an ethernet cable from the POE access point to a router. You can get the whole setup for under $100.
                  I've been trying to find something like this online. Everything I'm seeing requires an ethernet cable between the access points. I'm just trying to connect a camera to my wifi.

Dave

Comment

You can use whats called a point to point. That will give you great wifi signal then set your phone to wifi call.

Comment

I’ve got a Weboost in my barn and went from “no service” to 4 bars. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Ok, so since my shop and house are on the same breaker box, I can plug one of these in the house where it will pick up wifi, and the other in the shop and it will put out a wifi signal inside the shop? No other router needed or anything?

Comment

Working...
                        X