Obamas-Netflix Sign 500 Million Dollar Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign contributor helped Obamas score Netflix deal By Isabel Vincent May 26, 2018 | 4:48pm
    Barack and Michelle Obama are raking in the cash, thanks to the influence of a former campaign supporter.

The couple last week signed a creative production deal with Netflix that one entertainment-industry source said could be valued at more than $50?million.

Ted Sarandos, a major campaign contributor for Obama and the streaming giant’s creative-content chief who oversees an $8 billion budget, helped to broker the deal, the source told The Post.

Sarandos and his wife, Nicole Avant, bundled nearly $600,000 in contributions to Obama from their friends and associates during the 2012 presidential campaign.

The couple is friends with the Obamas, and Avant served as the US ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009 to 2011, during the former president’s first term.

Her father, Clarence, a music exec, bundled a total of nearly $450,000 for Obama’s presidential campaigns.

The multiyear Netflix agreement, in the works since at least March, calls on the Obamas “to produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docuseries, documentaries and features,” which will be broadcast in 190 countries, according to a statement from the streaming service, which has 125?million subscribers around the globe.

The Obamas plan to work on stories that “promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples and help them share their stories with the entire world.”

Netflix says the couple formed Higher Ground Productions LLC to broker the deal. A firm with that name was incorporated in Delaware in April, public records show.

The contract comes a year after the Obamas inked a joint book deal with Penguin Random House valued in excess of $65?million. The first of the deal’s planned books, Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” is due out in November.

Since leaving office, Barack Obama has addressed groups across the country, speaking about grassroots organizing and the problems of the poor.

Ironically, the talks come at a steep price. After a speech at a health-care conference sponsored by Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald in September, Obama reportedly took home $400,000.

In addition to raking in millions, the former first couple has been involved in fund-raising for the Obama Foundation, which is developing a $500 million presidential center and library in Chicago.

just read this story with quotes from obama at a recent tech conference about npac (I made that up, netflix political action committee). I got about 5 paragraphs in, 5 false statements in an article is about all I could take....lol

Comment

I forgot the link. New York Post

Barack and Michelle Obama are raking in the cash, thanks to the influence of a former campaign supporter. The couple last week signed a creative production deal with Netflix that one entertainment …

Comment

Well they screwed the country up pretty good
        Can't wait to see how they screw up netflix

Comment

...and Susan Rice was recently appointed to Netflix BOD

Infiltrate, agitate, propagandize

Comment

He'll probably donate 99% of that money to help improve the inner city schools and outreach programs for troubled minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              The subject of your post is off by a factor of 10.

Comment

Netflix will soon find out how many of their viewers really don't give two chits about that Muslim loser and his ghetto hag of a wife. Hope it bankrupts them for even doing this crap. Just canceled my subscription.

Comment

Canceled account when that whore Rice joined.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    Hey...……...stop that!!! LMAO!!!

Comment

Well maybe he will be good at this.. Why anyone would watch this crap is a mystery to me..

Acting seems to be his specialty.. This will hopefully cut into his community organizing time..

As long as they are not in the White House anymore I'm good with it.

Comment

Welp..i enjoyed my netflix.. but ..its gone.
                        my dollars wont be used to give him a platform.

Comment

The best part was that he said it would not be a political platform..... but wait. I didn't get to keep my doctor like he promised.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                            The best part was that he said it would not be a political platform....
                            yeah right

"Fishing with Barry". Season 1 Episode 2 - Topwater Action - Barry gets into some spawning largemouth as the topwater bite heats up on Arkansas's beautiful Lake Ouachita with special guest Louis Farrakhan.
                            Last edited by Man; 05-30-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                              Sorry about the typo. But everyone knew it was off by a factor of 10 from the contents of the news report."The couple last week signed a creative production deal with Netflix that one entertainment-industry source said could be valued at more than $50?million."

Comment

Working...
                              X