No announcement yet.

New dirt bike to ride with son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my trials bike but this thread has me wanting another bike for singletrack. I have been cruising craigslist lol.

Here is my bike, trials is great for technical skill building:

Comment

I had an 2002 CRF 450. Rode & raced off road for a few years.

Enjoy it. Spend a few hours just riding it around to break it in.

Comment

Old School back in the day. 1975
        Attached Files

Comment

Nothing better than riding with your little one! My daughter and I are supercross freaks. Lol she shredding the ktm sx50 now!

Comment

That 450R should be a blast. Never rode any of the newer four strokes, I still love the sound and the way the power comes on with a 2 stroke. I have had many CR250Rs. Should be a lot of fun riding with your son, the four stroke will work better for that than a two stroke, they are either on or off.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
              That is awesome! I restored a 1984 KTM 125MX about 17 years ago. I have a 1982 PE175 completely disassembled now for a resto. I need to find a powder coater for the frame.
              I'm jealous. Sold my PE 175 after I had my first son back in the 80's. Wish I still had it.

Comment

We had a 2006 KX450f with a fresh rebuild we did on it, it would wheelie in every gear without clutch work. Insane power in that bike. Of course a beginner bought it from us and it was back up on Craigslist in a week so he could get a 250.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                  I'm jealous. Sold my PE 175 after I had my first son back in the 80's. Wish I still had it.
                  Unfortunately after a 3rd back surgery a couple months after I posted last year and now cancer I haven't done anything with it. I am considering selling it in project form, probably the 3-400 range, because I have some new parts never opened I bought for it. They still sell when finished from what I have seen. They have a following on FaceBook groups even.

Comment

Very nice bike. I sold my cr450f a few years back. Wish I still had it.

Comment

If any of you guys are looking for a good bike, my son is selling a 2017 or 18 (can't remember which year) Honda 450 that has about 6-7 hrs on it. Electric start.

Comment

Working...
                      X