Marinating a turkey for deep frying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinating a turkey for deep frying

It’s that time of year again, I’m gonna be marinating the thanksgiving turkey in a few hours! In the past I’ve always injected it with Tony’s butter creole and gave it a generous rub down with Tony’s and other spices. Wanting to try something new this year and was curious to see if the green screen has any go to marinates?!

It’s my turn to do a turkey this year so I’m trying the brine and then inject method. Birds been in a bribe solution since 4 pm yesterday. Gonna inject a few hours before dropping him in today for lunch. I’m using a combination of Tony’s butter and jalapeƱo butter for injection.

Comment

tips. you almost cannot overseason the outside of a bird going in the fryer. if you think you've put too much on, then put more.

for injecting, try to inject as much as you can from inside the cavity rather than through the skin. small injection sites are better than large pockets as well. large pockets can turn bitter.

Comment

Marinated one with Tony’s roasted garlic and herb and the other with butter creole. Thanks for the input fellas! Great tip for injecting sectxag06! Turkeys are gonna hit the grease in a couple of hours! Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

I cook mine on the BGE and inject with the jalapeno butter and a generous outside rub. Bring temp to 245 and 45 on one side, flip for 45 on the other. Wrap in foil until internal reaches 158 and pull. Inside the cooler until serving time. Did 6 the other day for a get together and it was amazing.

Comment

brine the day before ..1 cup kosher salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tbs of all spice, 1 tbs peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, 2 cups of water bring to a boil for 10 minutes. let cool, place turkey and brine in pot cover with ice , bring water level above turkey. rinse turkey of brine mixture, pat dry, inject, season, deep fry, enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X