Anyone up for Africa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone up for Africa?

I was reading the thread about Bisch's African hunt and realized I really do want to go back, maybe in 2013. It would be nice to share the experience with other trad shooters. I'm retired now so I'll have to take a close look at the funds. I was there in '03 and '07 with my longbow, and was fortunate enough to take some nice animals.
    Attached Files

nice job! i think that would be fun to go to africa! espically with my recurve

Comment

Some nice looking critters there.

Comment

Nice pics Phillip! You have a few that I am still after. I still want to go back one more time and it would probably be 2013 before I could make it work. We will see how things go. I have been twice but without fellow hunters. I would really like to have others in camp to share the days events with.

Bisch

Comment

Nice pics! I really like that black wildebeest and impala.

Comment

if i hit the lotto................

Comment

x2 on hittin the lotto

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Nice pics Phillip! You have a few that I am still after. I still want to go back one more time and it would probably be 2013 before I could make it work. We will see how things go. I have been twice but without fellow hunters. I would really like to have others in camp to share the days events with.

Bisch
                There's still a few I want, a Duiker, Zebra, and an Eland, Maybe a Nyala. I didn't include a picture of my Blue wildebeest in my first posting. I don't have a picture of him in the field as I made a less than perfrct shot and my PH found him after I left. Fortunately, his cape was still good and I could get him mounted. On my first trip I went by myself, on the second trip I had a friend to go with me.
                Attached Files

Comment

After I've lost two Blue Wildebeests you just had to rub it in, didn't you! - j/k

That critter is number 1 on my hit list for sure.

Bisch

Comment

I really regret passing on this. He was at 18 yds. That was on my first trip and I didn't think I wanted a zebra. The Nyala was at about 20 yds.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What does a trip like that cost, turn key?

Comment

in the next to last pic. in the first set, is that a ufo above your hat.
                        nice critters too...

Comment

I can't identify it so it must be a UFO. It could be a Grey Go-Away Bird, so called because they sit in the trees and tell the ctitters to go away when you're trying to shoot them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                            in the next to last pic. in the first set, is that a ufo above your hat.
                            nice critters too...
                            LOL...you're right Jeffro. Sure looks like a UFO to me. It might be bigfoot though.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatEater View Post
                              What does a trip like that cost, turn key?
                              x2

Comment

Working...
                              X