Need arrow help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need arrow help!

Well a couple weeks ago I received my new longbow from Bob, and my ICS bowhunter 500's don't seem to fly good out of my new bow! My new bow is 51 lb.@my 26" draw length! I'm wanting to shoot a carbon arrow and keep a good FOC, and still shoot my 145 grain heads. Any ideas on what to start with?? Thanks Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

give me a call and I'll walk you through it..

Comment

#1 check the brace height of the bow.

Comment

Brace height is good, just went up in poundage from 44 to 51 on bows.

Comment

Jason, I think you might need a 55-75 lb arrow. That would be a 400 in the ICS arrow.

Comment

my buddy dan has the same 51@26, he's shoot'n heritage 150's. with a 100 g brass insert and a 145 f/t. b/h. and thay shoot GOOD.

Comment

Jason,

what is the actual arrow length you are shooting?

Comment

Heck I shoot 500's and a 200 grain head out of my 61 lb'er and they fly amazing!

Comment

They are 29" long with 100 grain brass inserts and 145 heads! These are the ICS bowhunter arrows that are 5/16 in diameter!

Comment

Jason,

I would try a 125 grain head and even a 100 grain and see if it helps... If it does then you could always use the 50 grain brass inserts and the 145 grain heads. I don't use brass inserts but instead use a 200 grain head combo. I shoot 500's - Easton Excel ST cut to 29 1/2"..

Comment

I would think you are under spined, drop a lot of point weight or go up to a400

Comment

Javi it was great visiting with you and thanks for your help! Also thanks to all for your suggestions! Where else can you get such great advice but here!! I will try and see what will work without making drastic changes! What is bad the 100 grain inserts are bonded in with non-reversible epoxy so they have to stay! May try to lower point weight to make them work!

Comment

Working...
                        X