No announcement yet.

Where do you get your feathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get my Gateway 5" right wing parabolic feathers from Bowhunters Superstore in Wellsville, Pennsylvania. I've been doing business with this same store in Wellsville for the past 35 years.

Shop the best bowhunting, archery, sportsman & outdoor equipment at low prices. Save money & get it fast with same-day shipping on the best outdoor brands.

Comment

I have used both Gateway and Trueflight and much prefer Trueflight; they seem to only use the big end of the feather and the Gateways I had were thin, like they used the small end. I usually buy from 3Rivers, but I do like doing business with the Nocking Point, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
        I have used both Gateway and Trueflight and much prefer Trueflight; they seem to only use the big end of the feather and the Gateways I had were thin, like they used the small end. I usually buy from 3Rivers, but I do like doing business with the Nocking Point, too.
        I wondered why the Trueflights were so much more than the Gateways. I guess that explains it. Are AMG feathers just junk then? They seem to run much less than the Gateways.

Comment

I have had no problems with AMG feathers

Comment

For me, my arrows fletched with Gateway feathers last longer durability wise than Trueflight feathers. Shooting the same amount, I have to re-fletch sooner when shooting Trueflight feathers.

Comment

Sagittarius Archery, 4 inch $23.00/100, 5 inch $25.00/100, full length $30.00/100, but I haven't tried any yet, so I don't know the quality, but the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wing View Post
                I get my Gateway 5" right wing parabolic feathers from Bowhunters Superstore in Wellsville, Pennsylvania. I've been doing business with this same store in Wellsville for the past 35 years.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...78426f209cdfba
                That's what I meant - bowhunterssuperstore, not bowhuntersupply.

Originally posted by jmack View Post
                I wondered why the Trueflights were so much more than the Gateways. I guess that explains it. Are AMG feathers just junk then? They seem to run much less than the Gateways.
                I've never had any problem with the AMG feathers, and I've tried all three brands, the pre-cut shields at least.

Originally posted by Lewis Vaden View Post
                Sagittarius Archery, 4 inch $23.00/100, 5 inch $25.00/100, full length $30.00/100, but I haven't tried any yet, so I don't know the quality, but the price is right.
                $30 for 100?! That's a pretty good price! Will have to try them now that I got my new chopper from 3Rivers.

Comment

Try The Footed Shaft 1-888-288-7581 ask for Terry Bannit. As for the AMG feathers, they have more vibrant, deeper colors and they seem to be a happy medium between Trueflight and gateway. I prefer trueflight over all others though.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                    mike and brenda owener's of the nocking point, great folk, great services, tell'm jeffro sent ya...
                    What he said.

Comment

Haven't tried amg, but I am not a fan of gateway at all.... I don't like the thick quill, looks, or fletching with them. True flight only for the arrows I build.

Comment

Working...
                      X