Stomach Ulcers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stomach Ulcers

Anybody know what can help/ not make them worse? I know spicy/ greasy foods make them worse. Also I know alcohol is no help. Would like some input on things that can help them. Thanks!

Good Ol Buttermilk

Comment

I knew some guys in the Rio Grande Valley that would drink a glass of alovera juice. One would mix in some vanilla extract to help with the taste. Stay close to the bathroom.

Comment

Coffee can set mine off.

As far as "help", sometimes when I get a pain flare, a half a glass of really cold water relieves it.

Comment

Water and saltines are good to relieve the pain/burning.
          Stay away from caffeine and tobacco.
          Over the counter Ranitidine (Zantac or generic) also helps but not immediately.
          I know some people eat Tums but those never helped me or I couldn't ever eat enough to make a difference.

Hope this helps

Comment

Get to a Dr.

Comment

Regular consumption of Chili peppers will help.

Comment

2 scoops Bluebell niller icecream, 1 raw egg, 1/4 cup of butter milk. blend together. then drink.
                An old timer Doc told me this 30 years ago. It worked.

Comment

Thought I had bad ulcers. Went to the Dr and found out I had a bacteria called H-pilori. I got it from drinking bad water. This was last year. The year before I went to Argentina to dove hunt. Dr said I could of picked it up anytime (like more than 10yrs ago) or anywhere. Only way to cure it is by heavy antibiotics for about a week. Haven't had the problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                    Get to a Dr.
                    X2...asap

Comment

Go to a doctor and get some medicine. I cant remember what it is called but I had this a few years ago and it never went away or got better until I saw a doctor

Comment

Yep went to Doc gave me pill cause it was caused by Bacteria or Virus (forgot)...anyway fixed and never had another problem

Comment

Get some Protonics from the doctor. I nearly bled out with three of them. Ain't had heartburn since.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Give up carbonated sodas if you are consuming them. They do lots of damage. As said before, go to The doctor and do what he or she says.

Comment

that is the worst pain I have ever felt!! I stopped stressing about stuff I cannot change and that helped!

Comment

Working...
                              X