Wild Hog Sausage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Hog Sausage?

Do you make it?? Is it good?? We will be shooting a lot of pigs this year and I want to be prepared with what we're going to do with the meat!!

I want breakfast sausage, Italian sausage (like for pasta), boudin, and link/smoked sausage (for gumbo).

What are your favorite recipes????? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to all of the above. I buy all my seasonings from REO Spice. I made 50#s of link and 25#s of pan Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Yes to all of the above. I buy all my seasonings from REO Spice. I made 50#s of link and 25#s of pan Saturday.
      I was going to order from them but it looked like there were different sausage seasonings. Which breakfast sausage mix do you recommend?

Comment

Awesome, I'll check them out, thanks! How much fat do you add?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
          I was going to order from them but it looked like there were different sausage seasonings. Which breakfast sausage mix do you recommend?

This is my favorite for pan.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLizaMarie View Post
            Awesome, I'll check them out, thanks! How much fat do you add?

On my pan sausage I go close to 60/40 wild pork to pork butt. On my pork link I go 50/50 pork to brisket.

Comment

On my pan sausage I go close to 60/40 wild pork to pork butt. On my pork link I go 50/50 pork to brisket.

Thank you!

Comment

reo is a good seasoning I believe we use the German one

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
                  reo is a good seasoning I believe we use the German one
                  Yep the German Sausage seasoning is hard to beat.

Comment

Just butcher the sows or young boars not the big boars you'll be ran out of the house

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Just butcher the sows or young boars not the big boars you'll be ran out of the house
                      I've always said this as well until I made boudan with a buddy with a big one...was great

Comment

Been making our own sausage for over 35 years. Love Reo’s seasoning out of Huntsville. Old Fashion #3 makes an excellent pan sausage, I usually use wild hog. The German seasoning is great for dry sausage. The Polish seasoning is great for wet/boiling sausage. Everything is great from Reo’s, I have made boudin, chili, fish fry, rib rub, chorizo etc. This year I plan on trying their bratwurst seasoning!

Comment

I’m placing an order with Cajun Blake for his ragin sausage seasoning I’ll let you know how it comes out.

Comment

Two words: Allied Kenco

Comment

Originally posted by TAMU1998 View Post
                              Been making our own sausage for over 35 years. Love Reo’s seasoning out of Huntsville. Old Fashion #3 makes an excellent pan sausage, I usually use wild hog. The German seasoning is great for dry sausage. The Polish seasoning is great for wet/boiling sausage. Everything is great from Reo’s, I have made boudin, chili, fish fry, rib rub, chorizo etc. This year I plan on trying their bratwurst seasoning!

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendations. How much fat do you like to add and what kind?

Comment

Working...
                              X