Review of Th Drop Tine Ranch, Trent Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of Th Drop Tine Ranch, Trent Texas

Last week my SIL and I spent 4 days on the ranch. While there I looked around and thought I would share thoughts on everything that I seen and noticed or got to know about the place.

Size - 1280 Acres of High Fence and 1190 Acres of Low Fence

Animals - 35 Different species on the ranch to choose from, too many to list them all but trust me they have many to choose from.

Animal Quality - Exotics were some of the healthiest and trophy style exotics of any ranch I have been too in the price comparison category.
    - White Tails , many to choose from, every sit on the low fence, deer were seen. On the high fence, wow just wow, there are any size of trophy you could want, they even had a 300" buck killed this year. All the deer are very healthy , heavy, fat, from wide to tall, to drops and stickers, your hardest choice when hunting here is deciding which one you want to shoot.

Stand quality and Locations - They have both box blinds and pup ups, box blinds are in place for both rifle with rifle windows and the bow blinds are cut out especially for the bow shooter and set up on average of about 25 yds off the feeder areas. Rifle stands have shots of upto and including 100 yards to out to couple hundred yards on some stands.

Bunk Houses - They have 2 , one we stayed in is aimed at the smaller group 2-4 hunters. The inside had the rustic atmosphere and was clean, comfortable with 2 bathrooms, hot showers and direct tv in each room. Second bunk house is one that will sleep 12, again rustic atmosphere, very clean, comfortable beds, direct tv. Again it was clean and top notch like the other bunk house.

Food - They provided all the food, sodas, snacks for us. Cory did the cooking and the food was great, when you came in from the morning hunt he would have breakfast ready, lunch was served up when we wanted to eat lunch, and every night when you came in dinner would be prepared with all the sides and fixins. I give them kudos on the cooking and a job well done here.

Hospitality - You will feel welcome, they are great people , Cory and his wife Tracy, Tator and Matt. Very friendly and will help you with what ever you need. Normally they cook in the larger bunk house but since it was primarily just my SIl and myself Cory and Tracy opened up their house to us and invited us in for every meal. I do not not know that I have hunted with any outfitter or ranch where they invited me into their home to sit down to dinner with them.
    There was never a moment we did not feel welcome, from driving around the ranch showing us his land and animals, to hunting and texting keeping in touch to carrying on at lunch and dinner have an enjoyable time, I can honestly say you feel like your at home and part of the family there. You will not be treated like some paying customer that is just there.
    They are awesome people and I cannot thank Tracy and Cory enough for the time we spent there and the way we were treated.

Hunting - Always exciting, every sit was one where you were not sure what you might see come in. I seen so many animals and had a great time taking pics of everything coming in. They will help you find what it is you want to kill but they leave it up to you to make it happen, I really liked this about the hunts. You will have no pressure telling you to shoot or thats the one you should or should not take, you make up your mind on what it is and you take it.

The way Cory worked with me to get my SIL his very first deer kill let alone a 140+ class buck with a bow was above and beyond. These guys will help you achieve what it is your doing. Cory was happy to be part and the person who Cort got his first buck with. Great guy, great guide, great values, someone that when you leave you will feel you have known for sometime. I feel like I did not meet a new guide and ranch service but yet met and made some new awesome friends.

Overall this ranch gets yes 5 thumbs up from me. The prices are comparision to any ranch in Texas that offers trophy animals such as they do, they only difference is what is on the drop tine to me looked more healthy than almost every other place I have hunted and then equally with a few others.
    If you book to hunt this place you will not be disappointed, just seeing all the different types of species that you can during a sit makes it enjoyable.

God Willing I will be returning there in February or Spring of next year and again next fall. It may have been a long drive from the houston area but it was worth every mile I traveled.

If you want to see some of the animals we seen while there or here more about our 4 days hunting with them you can find it here,

Anyone looking to book exotic or white tail hunts I would reccomend before you do that you look into the Drop Tine Ranch. You can also talk to J-J Matt here on TBH about bookings.

I have been to the ranch several times with J-J Matt and some of his customers. Spent this past weekend sitting on the low fence with my bow. While I did not get the buck I was looking for I did see several deer including a solid 8 point that I passed. Tracy and Corey are great people and treat you like family from the time you arrive until you leave. Spent time Sunday AM with J-J Matt driving around the high fence and saw some incredible deer as well as many different exotics. If you are looking for the animal of a lifetime give them a call.

Comment

I will down load some additional pics this evening or next day or two and post them here so you all can see some of animals. I took nearly 200 Pics while I was on the ranch.

Comment

HC, great review. I agree with you on this review. Also, I'm glad y'all found your SIL deer. It must have been exciting to shoot that big deer with open sights.

Awesome place, great people, incredible animals, scrumptious food, etc, etc, etc!

Here's a link to the animals that were taken the weekend I was out there. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=490776

I'm looking forward to seeing the other pictures from your trip. What's also so great about this ranch is the amount of trophies on all those species that are still out there! I can't wait to get back.

Comment

Working...
        X