No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering picking up a 5wt combo with cabwlas points and taking momma to either the white River or roaring river park. Early fall! Might stay in eureka springs. That was one of the first places we visited when we were dating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother lives up near Denver and fishes almost every day. He has been catching a lot of fish lately. Here is a few pics of his recent catches

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post

Caught my only and personal best bonefish this week on a fly

Nice bone! I need to get back to the salt. Where we you at and who did you fish with?
        Last edited by hooligan; 06-18-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Just returned from Grand Slam Lodge in Punta Allen Mx. http://www.grandslamfishinglodge.com/

First two days were the best fishing I've ever had on the flats. Lots of big schools of bonefish, small 1-3 pounds, but we probably caught 20 apiece, both mornings. After a few hours on the first morning and getting the guides unspoken approval we could cast well, we went after permit. Hooked three, landed one the first day. 11 pounds.

Second day, we saw several small ones, couldn't get any bites. After lunch, we landed a 5 lb and 6 lb. Last two days were really impacted by a storm system that moved in overnight, we couldn't cross into the bay and had to fish along the river and lagoon area. We saw a lot of baby tarpon and several snook, but couldn't any bites.

My cell phone didn't like the salt water and died on day 1, so no pics.

Easy place to get to- fly into Cancun, 2 hour van ride, 1 hour boat ride.

Comment

When my parents bought their current house, we found a few fly rods in a tube in the attic. One was a 7ft browning silaflex and the other, a 5ft (eagle) something made in the 80’s.
            He gave them both to me and I rarely use them until this last week. I decided to take them out in the farm pond and was surprised to see i can still cast somewhat efficiently. Picked up a nice bass that was a fun fight.

I need to pickup a few extra tippets and some extra flies and poppers. We are heading to Breckenridge around Halloween this year. The Blue river below Dillon reservoir is a nice stretch of river, or so my research says.

Any other spots i should check out up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
              My brother lives up near Denver and fishes almost every day. He has been catching a lot of fish lately. Here is a few pics of his recent catches

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              That is a beautiful cutthroat! I'm jealous!

Comment

Nice bass bloodstick, especially on the fly rod. Don't know much about the Blue river below lake Dillon except that it gets fished a lot. I think it runs thru the town also (also lots of fishermen there). Check out Ten Mile creek while you're in the Breckenridge area. It runs from Vail pass to Frisco. Another branch drains from the Leadville area and the two run together around the Copper Mountain ski area. It runs parallel to highway 70 and next to a bike trail (asphalt). Great fishing in that stream from my experience. If you try it, please let me know how you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  That is a beautiful cutthroat! I'm jealous!
                  He sends me pictures almost everyday of fish he is catching. I'm going up to visit in August. Im looking forward to catching some fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                    He sends me pictures almost everyday of fish he is catching. I'm going up to visit in August. Im looking forward to catching some fish!
                    When you see him in August, kick him in the nuts for me.

Comment

Comment

Lol

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          Nice bass bloodstick, especially on the fly rod. Don't know much about the Blue river below lake Dillon except that it gets fished a lot. I think it runs thru the town also (also lots of fishermen there). Check out Ten Mile creek while you're in the Breckenridge area. It runs from Vail pass to Frisco. Another branch drains from the Leadville area and the two run together around the Copper Mountain ski area. It runs parallel to highway 70 and next to a bike trail (asphalt). Great fishing in that stream from my experience. If you try it, please let me know how you do.

Thank you sir,
                          We fished the copper mountain area back late July in 2016 and did great there. Lots of small 6-10” fish. Also hit Officers Gulch closer to Frisco along the same highway and did pretty good there too.
                          Since we will be going in mid-late fall, i wasn’t sure how the patterns change or how they react to changing weather up there. Im super green when it comes to fly fishing especially in streams.

Comment

Now that i think of it, they are called the Curtain Ponds. And we used primarily spinners on 4lb test and ultra lite spinning reels. We averaged about 100 fish in an afternoon between me and my dad. We did use those clear floats to be able to cast a fly with regular gear.
                            Next trip, the spinning gear stays home and fly rod is coming with me. Heres a few pics from the Copper Mountain area
                            That was my last summer with Dad. I was glad he came along on that trip.

Comment

We are heading to our little coastal retreat in a few days so I decided to try my hand at tying. I think “little shrimpy” turned out pretty good and will make more with small circle hooks (this one uses a #4 for specs). “Little Punk” uses a #2 thin circle hook, fur, and a feather. If I tie many more the make-shift paper clip tool will be replaced with a proper!

What do y’all think?

Comment

Just got back from Canada, flies for smallies!

Comment

Working...
                                X