X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boys seem to like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s our second year. Last year we were drawn for Cave Creek but it rained so much we got moved to Boerne to hunt. 3500 acres. Didn’t see a deer all weekend. Drawn for cave creek again. My boy is excited.

Comment

Guys, thanks for all the great comments about TYHP. TYHP is in its 20th full season this year, and has provided hunting opportunities to approx 23,000 kids over the years!

As Double-O-Dave mentioned I am on the TYHP staff, serving as the North Tx Field Operations Coordinator. I am based in Dallas. I just wanted to mention that there is still plenty of opportunity coming up this year; we just posted hunt #172 on our schedule, and more are being added almost daily. We expect to offer more than 200 hunts this year as we progress thru spring turkey season.

If I can answer any questions about anything please reach out to me via PM, email (bbarnette@texas-wildlife.org), or phone (214-282-3697). Thanks!

Comment

Great Program, I have sent many people that way and all of them had good experiences.

Comment

This will be my 16? year with Cave Creek, every year we wonder about the weather. To the hunters that got selected for Cave Creek, hopefully we can meet up with over 50 youth it is hard. I will be on Larry Ahrens ranch.

Comment

My son and I will be at PowderHorn this weekend. Getting everything packed up and double checked right now.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
                My son and I will be at PowderHorn this weekend. Getting everything packed up and double checked right now.

This should be a really good hunt! Pack a lil rain gear. Good chance of showers late Saturday

Comment

my youngest aged out about 5 years ago. I really miss those hunts with the kids. great times. If you have kids be sure to check out this program!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                    This should be a really good hunt! Pack a lil rain gear. Good chance of showers late Saturday

Have the rain gear and back up rain gear packed. Sitting at the gate now waiting to be let in.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                      It’s our second year. Last year we were drawn for Cave Creek but it rained so much we got moved to Boerne to hunt. 3500 acres. Didn’t see a deer all weekend. Drawn for cave creek again. My boy is excited.
                      Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                      This will be my 16? year with Cave Creek, every year we wonder about the weather. To the hunters that got selected for Cave Creek, hopefully we can meet up with over 50 youth it is hard. I will be on Larry Ahrens ranch.
                      My son got selected for Cave Creek again this year. Last year was great, a bit chilly, but that makes for great stories.

Not sure which ranch we are hunting, but the huntmaster my son is assigned to is David Mahn. We definitely need to have a TBH powwow while there.

Comment

We are assigned Mahn also.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
                          Have the rain gear and back up rain gear packed. Sitting at the gate now waiting to be let in.

Awesome! Good luck! We live bout 35 minutes away but are headed out of town to our lease.

Comment

Originally posted by rgb View Post
                            Guys, thanks for all the great comments about TYHP. TYHP is in its 20th full season this year, and has provided hunting opportunities to approx 23,000 kids over the years!

As Double-O-Dave mentioned I am on the TYHP staff, serving as the North Tx Field Operations Coordinator. I am based in Dallas. I just wanted to mention that there is still plenty of opportunity coming up this year; we just posted hunt #172 on our schedule, and more are being added almost daily. We expect to offer more than 200 hunts this year as we progress thru spring turkey season.

If I can answer any questions about anything please reach out to me via PM, email (bbarnette@texas-wildlife.org), or phone (214-282-3697). Thanks!
                            Bob is one of the reasons it is such a great program. My son and I can't thank him enough and were lucky enough to be on one of the first bow hunts with TYHP and harvest his first bow kill. Great, great guy and program. He just turned 18 and is no longer eligible but we will always remember these hunts.

Comment

Helping RGB line up a hunt in January, I sure hope he is a good cook- If I can answer any questions about anything please reach out to me via PM, email (bbarnette@texas-wildlife.org), or phone (214-282-3697). Thanks!

Comment

My son was just drawn for his first hunt with TYHP and he is thrilled! He has waited for a long time to get his first deer and has endured several hunts with me just getting skunked. (Dad isnt the best hunting guide on public lands in East Texas ) He was drawn for C-Star Ranch in Gillespie County on Jan. 12. We're very appreciative of TYHP for this opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X