• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up & set live. Pushed a pig walking into stand, hopefully he will be back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
      I was talking about a different meeting. But good question, where are we meeting this year? Still lunch for opening day?

Ya, when and where? I will be there!

Comment

I vote for Pizza Shack[emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          That's cool of them. Good info bub.
          I'm surprised. I honestly would not have thought they'd do that.

I'm not putting in for one this year. Between working at the farm and prepping things at the deer lease I just don't have time to scout like I want, and I don't want to be selfish and potentially deny that to someone who would/could actually use it.
          Last edited by Etxbuckman; 09-12-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

[emoji1018][emoji203]good pass thru, blood on ground but too thick of underbrush too get the big boar. It's dead I'm certain!!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              I'm surprised. I honestly would not have thought they'd do that.

I'm not putting in for one this year. Between working at the farm and prepping things at the deer lease I just don't have time to scout like I want, and I don't want to be selfish and potentially deny that to someone who would/could actually use it.

I was surprised too, but the lady I spoke with sounded eager to help and took care of it within 2 minutes.

As of now I only have 1 shooter buck on my lease and if I learned anything from last year, it's that when rut hits, they aren't in my area anymore. So it's public land every weekend (and during the week if the work schedule permits), and every evening possible at my lease since it's 10 minutes from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
                [emoji1018][emoji203]good pass thru, blood on ground but too thick of underbrush too get the big boar. It's dead I'm certain!!

Lucky dog you! I'm thinking about going to my lease today after work and trying to smoke one. Went to sleep around 2100 and woke up at 2330 to be back at work (stupid customers of mine). Hopefully I can get a nap in the truck this morning so I won't be falling asleep in the stand!

Send us some pics when you recover him!

Comment

Good shootin Scott!

Comment

Well this party really died! I guess I will leave again so yall can resume your normal day to day conversation lol. Some Bowhunters yall are... We've got 16 days til season opens and it's quiet as a mouse in here. [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I checked cameras again today. Nothing too exciting. Lots of does and a few small bucks. Im hoping I can kill a doe right away then give it a break until the end of oct when the bigger bucks will be on the move. Acorn crop looks decent but not as heavy as last year. I prepped a couple trees for stands too.

Comment

I'll check my area (that tree I have all the deer tied to) when I get home in 5 days.

Comment

Yall are a lot braver than me. I've had enough cams stolen on public land. Including one of yours Lee lol.

How's the acorn crop looking this year? I'm planning to go back out scouting a few new areas tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
                            Yall are a lot braver than me. I've had enough cams stolen on public land. Including one of yours Lee lol.

How's the acorn crop looking this year? I'm planning to go back out scouting a few new areas tomorrow.

For the whole camera incident I just picked up some $25 cams at Walmart, that way if they get taken no big deal. They aren't the absolute best obviously but they get the job done.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                              For the whole camera incident I just picked up some $25 cams at Walmart, that way if they get taken no big deal. They aren't the absolute best obviously but they get the job done.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

You talking about the Tasco cameras? I've heard they weren't to bad but I can't ever find them at Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
                                WTH?! You know that camera cost me about $120! So.....ummmm....

Comment

Working...
                                X