Is it legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it legal

I plan on scouting the SHNF sometime soon. Is it legal for me to carry a pistol on me if I don't have a CHL? And if I purchased a hunting license and the public land permit now will it expire at the end of the month?

The permit won't expire until 8-31-15. I got mine the other day. I'm not sure about the pistol though. I would think not but don't know for sure.

Comment

Yes, you can carry the pistol. You will have to wear all orange required because at the point you will be hunting. You will have to stay out of the Archery Only sections.

Comment

This is my first year doing the national forest. Where would you get the info on what's archery only?

Comment

The information you need is at the Ranger Station on FM 1375, maps, rules, etc.

Contact info can be found here:

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

You can hog hunt with the pistol right now so I say its fine.

Comment

Great job TM. Now that's the kind of help a person can really use. GS at it's best.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                  Yes, you can carry the pistol. You will have to wear all orange required because at the point you will be hunting. You will have to stay out of the Archery Only sections.
                  What archery only section, is it not now a bike trails area?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    What archery only section, is it not now a bike trails area?
                    There are two archery only areas. Only one of them will have the 12 miles of bike trails.

Comment

Working...
                    X