Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pm sent

Comment

Conroe has good duck areas only accessible by boat, win for you. Like everyone else stated, learn duck id, don't call too much, study your wind you need a spot for each wind direction if you plan on hunting as much as you can. Be mindful of others I won't go within 100yrds of another person unless they say so. Have your gear prepped now, decoys cleaned, painted buy more if you have to. Get a dog, lake conroe has some deep holes n cold water in winter. Just be smart with 5yrs experience you probably already know this. Take a good camera for pics n happy hunting. PM if you want my duck spots, I moved out of Houston 4years ago only my cousin hunts those areas now.

Comment

Bring lots of lights and have your group spread out a little before first light and keep lights on. When its gets close to legal light get in your blind together. Get out early and learn something on every hunt whether you get on the "x" or not. Keep a log with wind direction and cloud cover and frontal conditions.
        Watch out for Barney.

Comment

Learn to make Texas rigs is the best advice I can give. Try hunting over 8 blocks and sometimes throw 100. Doesnt hurt to ask ranchers if they have any puddles you can jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
            Thanks for the comments & tips ya'll! Duck hunting is life & can say I am a member of TAMUDU and were still going strong! The people are awesome!

& the whole UT thing... Well lets just say I bleed maroon .
            Last time I checked all humans actually bleed red... You might should go to a doctor

Comment

Working...
            X