CV joint Polaris Ranger 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV joint Polaris Ranger 500

Anybody have any experience changing out the CV joint on polaris ranger? My boots are bad and now I hear a popping. Better get on it with season just around the corner. Also, best place for replacement parts.

The shafts are really easy to change about 20 min a wheel. Havnt done the boots only though.

Comment

I probably better do the whole thing. Any idea on parts or youtube video. I'm a visual learner.

Comment

Plenty of videos on line. As far as parts factory replacements work good on a stock rig. With lot of sources in line also.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Look up "The CV Man" on Ebay. He may even have a website. I have bought from him before when I had a sportsman. Good guy to deal with.

If its popping, I would go ahead and change the whole axle. Check the wheel bearing too while you have the hub off. To get the axle out of the rear end, use a pry bar to pop it out. They just snap in. I would spray it down with Kano real good the night before, as sometimes the snap ring gets a little rusty.

Comment

The CV man is good to deal with. I used him on some axles for my Grizzly.

If you're hearing popping you def. need to replace the entire axle. Replacing just the boot isn't going to help any. Also, if you try and replace just pieces they usually end up popping again in short time.

I would strongly discourage you from using a pry bar between your differential and the cv cup like mentioned above. Great way to break the casting for the differential. Just grab the axle mid shaft with one hand and cv cup with the other, push inward slightly, and pull towards you. This should be plenty of pressure to pull the axle out of the differential/. Youtube will explain all you need to know on doing this.

Comment

Working...
              X