Scrape pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrape pictures

I've been testing a camera from USA Trailcams. This is the Recruit model. This thing takes as good a daytime picture as any camera on the market:

Great pictures! Was that a from an artificial scrape you set up or was it a natural one a buck started?

Comment

Nice pics, what is the price of that cam

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

I likey

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Great pictures! Was that a from an artificial scrape you set up or was it a natural one a buck started?
            Natural one that the deer use every year. Unfortunately I chose the wrong one. That big freak buck chose another natural one on the other side of the same tree and tore it up. :-(

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
            Nice pics, what is the price of that cam

This one was sent to me at N/C, but I checked their site and they are $199.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cams over scrapes are my favorite ones to check. I was surprised at how many does check scrapes.

Comment

[ATTACH]819829[/ATTACH]

Comment

great quality

Comment

What do the nighttime and low light pics look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      What do the nighttime and low light pics look like?

I'll load some up later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Most of the night pics are like these. You'll get the same motion blurring with this camera as with most IR cams. They do seem to lack a little crispness in the focus up close but are plenty good.

The biggest issue with this camera is in low light/transition times. The first 2 pictures were both pictures of a 2 shot burst. This cameras fires really quickly in burst mode. Its very unusual that the second picture would be worse than the first with IR cameras.

There were a lot of transition pictures that looked like this. I went on the companies facebook page this morning and looked at the pictures they have posted. There were virtually no low light IR pictures posted, which makes me wonder if this is a "known" issue with the camera. I emailed the owner to ask about it this morning. A transition videos at the same time of day are IR and are good.
                        Last edited by Roscoe; 10-19-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Man, I love scrape pics. I have a ton of them.

That 1st 8pt is a hoss.

Comment

Daytime picture quality is good. However, a lot of pix with the deer zero'ed in on the camera. Something is tipping them off to look dead at it. A noise or light. I would think one would want a camera to be unobtrusive.

Comment

Working...
                              X