X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow!! That just isn't fair!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      Native genetics intensively managed. I have 1350 acres adjoining my neighbor who has 1100 acres. We work together to try to grow top end bucks. Just like everywhere nutrition is the weak link. I have ~ 300 acres of food plots growing various combinations of soybeans, cowpeas, vetch, alyce clover, red and white clover [ love Durano ] buck wheat,chicory, wheat,oats , rye, and anything else that attracts my curiosity.

We have lots of feeders with free choice 20% protein Feb-Sept. I use my own formula. Frankly dont buy anything that has a picture of a buck on it or endorsed by some ' expert'. Just fundamental agriculture and herd management.
      What about your neighbors on the other sides? They gettin the opportunity to hunt these monsters? Wow. Those are some nice native deer

Comment

Super bucks!

Comment

Beautiful bucks. Congrats on your managements success. Keep at it!

Comment

I realize this is a Texas site but figure everyone likes looking at handsome bucks even if they are east of the Sabine River. These from my farm in central La. Fundamentals of mgt.work wherever applied.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]523532[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
            I swear I have seen that huge buck before on someone's phone. Do you have a brother that works in or around Baton Rouge?

Comment

Very impressive deer! You're doing it right for sure.

Comment

<-------- Up for adoption - thought I would mention it

Comment

Native genetics intensively managed. I have 1350 acres adjoining my neighbor who has 1100 acres. We work together to try to grow top end bucks. Just like everywhere nutrition is the weak link. I have ~ 300 acres of food plots growing various combinations of soybeans, cowpeas, vetch, alyce clover, red and white clover [ love Durano ] buck wheat,chicory, wheat,oats , rye, and anything else that attracts my curiosity.

We have lots of feeders with free choice 20% protein Feb-Sept. I use my own formula. Frankly dont buy anything that has a picture of a buck on it or endorsed by some ' expert'. Just fundamental agriculture and herd management.
                  High Fence??

Comment

Them are some big guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                      What about your neighbors on the other sides? They gettin the opportunity to hunt these monsters? Wow. Those are some nice native deer
                      A few yrs back a guy bought an adjacent ag farm. The first day his 16 yr old son hunted the farm he killed a 191" buck on our border we had been growing for 6 yrs. Kinda stung. Was the biggest buck killed in La. that yr as I remember.

Comment

BTW have both last yr sheds from the crusty 8 pt in the above picture.Giving him a 16" spread was 172 He'll be 7 this yr and in trouble.

Comment

A guy I know here in Baton Rouge has a brother with a setup very similar to yours. I saw trail cam pics from last year and they were impressive. I've never seen a collection of deer like that in La before. It's in central la by one of the rivers, supposedly one if the better places to hunt in the state(area wise).
                          Last edited by Black Ice; 07-28-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Wow I'm never going to Illinois again

Comment

Nice work Mr. Cat. Those are some great deer. I don't care whether it is high or low fence. I'm sure it took a lot of time, blood, sweat, and tears to produce those kind of bucks.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X