New to photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to photography

Question I have a cannon rebel T3i basically new that I was given. What lens(s) should I get for wildlife out to 100 yards and family portraits? Thanks

How much you want to spend?

Comment

Budget is up to 3k just want to learn and get lens that will be capable of putting on a better. Camera when the time comes

Comment

I have a tamron 150-600 mm that I use for wildlife photography. Use the search feature and you can see a lot on here about the Tamron. It's running less than $1,000 right now on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
          I have a tamron 150-600 mm that I use for wildlife photography. Use the search feature and you can see a lot on here about the Tamron. It's running less than $1,000 right now on Amazon.
          While I'm a fan of this lens, owning the comparable Sigma model, I think it will frustrate someone new to photography.

A good starting point would be a 70-200 either the f4 L IS or the f2.8 L IS, depending on your budget.

Comment

I second the 70-200 2.8L lens.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll look them up.

Comment

I have the 70-200 f4 L IS. I does a great job for me.

Shot these with a Canon 60D.

The first picture is about 100 yards the second about 50 and they have been cropped.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X