2017 Bowfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Bowfishing

I searched and did not see an updated bowfishing thread so I started one. If I missed it we can delete this one. Anyone seeing any movement on the carp/gar? I am going this afternoon and give it a try.

Trying to get my boat fixed up so I can get back on the water.

Comment

I may take the boat out tonight. I shot a few in a local lake Monday here. Have a 2 day trip for next weekend and a trip for Texoma scheduled for April. Good luck to everyone this spring.

Comment

I'm just waiting on Gar Guy to let me know when!!!![emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I'm just waiting on Gar Guy to let me know when!!!![emoji106]

[emoji35] and I gotta go to Kentucky. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            [emoji35] and I gotta go to Kentucky. [emoji31]

I will send u lots of pics of that 8 footer!!![emoji12]

Comment

^^ arnt we all lol. I figured we could come here to keep in the loop on whats rollin and whats not. Not looking for anyones "special hole" just a place to stay in touch!! Ill post what i find or see. Headed out in about an hr.

Comment

I will send u lots of pics of that 8 footer!!![emoji12]

That's dirty!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  That's dirty!!!!!

U gotta keep this economy rolling!!![emoji4]

Comment

U gotta keep this economy rolling!!![emoji4]

Ugh!

Comment

Well not to much luck. Couple of carp and a un wanted up close encouter with a water moccasin. No 8's today hopefully one of yall beat us to it.

Comment

We shot 10 big carp and 6 decent long nose gar last week in the Austin area. Could have shot a lot more but we were trying to get everyone on board a fish in the boat, we were successful at that. If it were just my wife and I I but we could have shot 30 or 40. This is a great time to go, but I actually prefer Jan and Feb. We went then too and it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                          We shot 10 big carp and 6 decent long nose gar last week in the Austin area. Could have shot a lot more but we were trying to get everyone on board a fish in the boat, we were successful at that. If it were just my wife and I I but we could have shot 30 or 40. This is a great time to go, but I actually prefer Jan and Feb. We went then too and it was great.
                          Should be getting real good soon on alligator gar with this warming weather!

Comment

Back when it was allowed on Lake Houston, we tore 'em up every year on the long Easter weekend... daytime shooting carp and gar... lots of 2 fish one shot times... Used a canoe back then and was a blast... Then some ahole in the city gubment shut us down... new city ordinance made it illegal to "practice with archery equipment in a park"... and they consider the whole lake a park...

Cornrow used to be fantastic too... then the "authorities" issues a new "triploid" permit and dumped hundreds of thousands of grass carp into the lake... They ate literally everything that was green and growing in the water... now the north end of the lake is so muddy you can't see 6" deep... fish are still there... just can't see 'em to shoot 'em... Used to load the boat with Blue Tilapia... not any more...

Comment

When does Choke get good? Always heard it had a lot of big gar in it and might give it a whirl...

Comment

Working...
                              X