Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porterhouse View Post
    Where did RLB go? West Texas crude enjoyed a 10% drop on Friday and I need Mr. Big Bucks to tell me how that's going to impact my mailbox money. Hoping his iron clad contracts mean that my royalties go unchanged.

More importantly, considering that I am in the mortgage business, I need him to tell me how long the soundness of his rig contracts will stall an increase in foreclosures.

Even more importantly, I want him to post again so Burnadell can say something else.
    lol. This.
    You should read the gems he has posted in the football thread the last couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      That's why I make the big bucks son.....I get paid from the neck up!!

Rig contractors got burned in the 80's.....not gonna happen again. Carry on.
      Originally posted by M16 View Post
      I know a guy who makes the big bucks cause they pay him from the neck up that says you wrong!

Originally posted by Porterhouse View Post
      Where did RLB go? West Texas crude enjoyed a 10% drop on Friday and I need Mr. Big Bucks to tell me how that's going to impact my mailbox money. Hoping his iron clad contracts mean that my royalties go unchanged.

More importantly, considering that I am in the mortgage business, I need him to tell me how long the soundness of his rig contracts will stall an increase in foreclosures.

Even more importantly, I want him to post again so Burnadell can say something else.

Okay, I will say it. "Something else"

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
        lol. This.
        You should read the gems he has posted in the football thread the last couple of days.
        Yep. good stuff!

Yall should really listen to ol RLB hes never wrong has 5 rent houses, has had his kids college paid for before they were born, doesnt have to work but yet he still does and hunts whenever he wants I m sure I left a few things out but Im sire he will be along to let us know what I left out

Comment

Some of the companies we work for have said their break even point is $35 Bbl. I'm also seeing a lot of cost cutting/watching from companies also, people are nervous for sure, especially those of us that were around for those bottom of the barrel prices in the eighties. Our business enjoys the boom but we also service production, so we'll ride the roller coaster until it jumps the tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgrass Mikerr View Post
            You must NOT work in the oilfield

Actually he does work in the oilfield.
            Were in North Dakota, I have a Tahoe, and he's allowed to use his work truck, so there is no reason for us to have another vehicle.

Comment

also, this is the time a lot of M&A's start happening, since other companies can get competitors cheaper, they can use the merger/acquisition as an excuse to cut jobs...already had that haliburton one happen...keep an eye out

Comment

HAHA!!! RLB has left the building. crickets,....

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I know a guy who makes the big bucks cause they pay him from the neck up that says you wrong!
                  That is correct! Just ask him!

Comment

I am amazed up here where I live in Wyoming how many young guys working the oil patch are gobbling up the customized $60 - 90,000 dollar trucks, boats, snowmobiles, ATV's, 5th wheels, and the list goes on.
                    They have everything on credit and don't have a pit to pee in if they lost their job. And, they will lose their job.
                    I told my wife that we will purchase a few of those items for cash and pennies on the dollar when the downturn hits.
                    There was a bumper sticker a lot of guys had back in the early 80's that said, "Dear Lord, please grant me one more oil boom and I promise not to **** it all away this time." Well, the young guys were not around back then and so the cycle repeats itself. Selfishly, I will reap the rewards of their own stupidity.

Comment

WTI $66.15. Nah....no changes comin'.

Like my Dad said in '79 as crude climbed above the unthinkable price of $32/bbl, "We're fixin' to have blood in the streets".

Comment

Do oil field guy even make THAT much money? I've got some friends that bring home decent checks but work ALL the time.. Hourly it doesn't seem like a heck of a lot.. Just curious??

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                          Do oil field guy even make THAT much money? I've got some friends that bring home decent checks but work ALL the time.. Hourly it doesn't seem like a heck of a lot.. Just curious??
                          Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                            A lot of them don't get paid much hourly but they get a ton of overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                              A lot of them don't get paid much hourly but they get a ton of overtime.
                              Kinda what I was thinking just wasn't sure..

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                                Randy I worked the East Texas oilfields around Tyler , Lufkin , Kilgore , Gilmer etc. You are absolutely right but the oilfield did linger on a bit longer for us in that region.

I remember getting paid to just sit and circulate in the hole because there was no drill pipe to be bought. It wasn't long before we were stacking the rig out in the snow.

I saw what was coming and took a job working for Abercrombie and Fitch sporting goods. We were still selling high end toys like Krieghoff Crown grade shotguns Purdy, Renato Gamba's, Colt Sauer, H&H etc. etc.

The next year we were buying back all those toys for 10 cents on the dollar. I still have a few of those items tucked away as well.

I went into the Army and some years later watched the very same boom or bust happen down in Pearsall and Dilley.

Those that believe it can't happen or wont happen need to understand the economics of the oil industry. All those perks and high wages come at a price and if that price drops below x-$$$$ those wells will be shut down and until they run prices and demand up to meet the end costs of production.

I'll take a kreighoff if you're selling

Comment

Working...
                                X