Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am longing for Texas ....

Howdy Texas.

Hello to my brothers and sisters of the trad bow from across the pond.

It`s been a while ……

I hope you all had a happy and successful hunting season so far...

I was trying to put some money aside to return to Texas this year ......
    but all the money will be invested to put up a new horse stable, trailer, new car and fences ....
    so NO BOWHUNTING for me this year !!!!

as I mentioned above …. I am longing for Texas …. but I am busy with work like crazy.

here is a few pics of what I`ve been up to lately …

Had the chance to meet up with the "OTHER" Daniel this summer ….

Besides shooting some arrows with the "OTHER" Daniel and training a horse for mounted archery I have not been shooting my bow at all this year.

Here is a link to it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9wiRkRgVu8&feature=share&list=UU_ZZ2UpNql 4_6zp44YWP7PA"]Horses and Arrows - YouTube[/ame]

It was a pleasure to start that horse for mounted archery.

Trad Camp
    Once a year I set up a camp up for a weekend. The local families are invited to bring their children and learn about traditional bow shooting, how to swing a rope, start a fire with simple tools, flintknapping , sitting round a campfire, ....... all in all having a good time.

local Fire - Brigade having fun as well ....

and here is where the money goes … No ! We are not digging for gold …. the horses need a new home ...

waiting for the new home ...

Newest member of the family … Pinti a 9 weeks old Parson Russell Terrier

I had a crazy stallion jumping on me some month ago. I injured my shoulder and elbow ....
    I am doing good by now and will be starting to shoot again very soon with a lighter draw weight.
    a few days off ...

back to work .... to save up some money for TEXAS 2013

I am longing for Texas but Texas must wait !!!!

Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some of you folks next year and do some hunting.

Wish you all a happy and successful hunting season.

Happy trails

Daniel

I always enjoy it when you post.

Comment

Hi Daniel! Have not heard from you in a while. Look like you have been real busy. I hope you can make the trip back to TX next year and we can make a hunt together. My deer season ha been VERY slow. I have not shot a single deer yet! Hopefully that will change soon. Great to hear from you and hope to see you again over here one if these days.

Bidch

Comment

Hope you're able to save up so you can come down next year. I always enjoy your threads Daniel. Keep busy and next year will be here in no time.

Comment

Hope you make it back to Texas Soon! Great job your doing with kids and adults to further our passion for Traditional archery. Thanks for your hard work. Durk.

Comment

I am looking forward to your next write up. It was an awesome read!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos. Hope to get to meet you next time you head back to Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                I always enjoy it when you post.
                No kidding! Daniel, you are a real craftsman, an artist. It's evident in all you do, thread writing included. That Trad Camp is incredible. Hope your trip back to Texas is sooner than later, and I wish to be able to shake your hand and share a campfire with you when you return.

Take care,

Ron

Comment

Cool post and vid. You are a very talented man! Look forward to your posts and hope you get here soon!

Comment

It's going to be one heck of a happy hour when you get here Daniel! Look forward to meeting you in 2013! Nice work on the camp and the horse barn!

J.P.

Comment

Extremely impressive all the way around... very nice.

Comment

Awesome post, good luck on your work and getting back to TEXAS!

Comment

Awesome and that's some beautiful country over there!
                          Hope you get back soon!

Comment

I'd tell you to pick up & move but it looks like you have your roots firmly planted and change is always scary but usually works out for the best.

I always enjoy your posts and if you ever get out towards CA give me a shout I can show ya some fine Mulley & Bear hunting and some pretty decent trout fishing. Not all of CA is messed up like you hear but pretty close.

Comment

Texas would be proud to have you! Hope you get to make it over soon

Comment

Working...
                              X