Turkey Bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Bed?

Never been taught much about turkey hunting. Came across this bedding made of leaves and grass. About 4' wide.

Is this a turkey bed?

Also there was a small hog skull nearby (within a few feet).
    Attached Files

I've always assumed that a turkey would be more likely to roost in trees? Could be a nest of some sort though, I'm not really sure. I have been wrong before

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1041 View Post
      I've always assumed that a turkey would be more likely to roost in trees? Could be a nest of some sort though, I'm not really sure. I have been wrong before
      I'll go ahead and correct myself, after some research I think they actually do nest similar to that picture. That very well could be a turkey nest. Again, I've been wrong before, just my 2 cents

Comment

They roost in trees, on utility poles, I've even seen them roost on tv towers in Kansas, but they lay their eggs on the ground.

Comment

Hog

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1041 View Post
            I had thought that too at first, but was told it still could be one

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
              Hog
              Hog, really? Would it be a boar since theres not another one around? Or a sow with her litter?

Comment

Turkey nests are usually pretty well hidden and smaller I say hog

Comment

Yup that's a Turkey Bed , looks like a large longbearded Tom . Did ya find Any Turkey rubs close by ?

They look just like chupacabra beds but different

Comment

Sow had a liter there

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                      Sow had a liter there
                      This

Comment

Working...
                      X