Arrow and broadhead help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow and broadhead help

I just got a bob lee hunter signature to just get my feet wet with recurves and wack a few hogs/javis. I am needing some arrows. The bow is 52 lbs @ 28". What arrows and broadheads would yall recomend?

Thanks

What is your draw length?

If your draw length is 28" or more You are likely going to shoot a 400 (5575) spine carbon if it is less than 28" you may be able to shoot a 500 (3555) spine. Of course the weight of the points will also play a part in which spine you can shoot. As far as broadheads any good two blade like STOS or Magnus.

Comment

I would start with aluminum and a good 2, 3 or 4 blade non-mechanical broadhead. Good luck...Van

Comment

I am a 28" draw. What grain broadhead?

Comment

If you go with the 400 (5575) cut to 30 inches then a 160 grain head should get you in the ballpark. Now if you want to try the 500 (3555) then you will want to cut them to 29 inches and start with a 125 grain head. Though it is not easy for me to tell you exact as no two people or bows shoot exactly the same. You will have to do some testing and may have to move down or up in weight to get it just right for which ever shaft you pick. As no two manufacturers spine identical, then the brand you choose will factor into what will be right for your bow and you.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
            If you go with the 400 (5575) cut to 30 inches then a 160 grain head should get you in the ballpark. Now if you want to try the 500 (3555) then you will want to cut them to 29 inches and start with a 125 grain head. Though it is not easy for me to tell you exact as no two people or bows shoot exactly the same. You will have to do some testing and may have to move down or up in weight to get it just right for which ever shaft you pick. As no two manufacturers spine identical, then the brand you choose will factor into what will be right for your bow and you.
            Thanks, I will give it a try!!! I will probably stick with the 400.

Comment

You have a lot of leeway as that bow is cut 3/16th past center. I could shoot a .500 spine up to a 340 spine with a few lenght/point weight adjustments with that bow. Bare shaft tuning will let you know pretty darn quick what you need. As stated above a persons shooting style and form grealty affect what spine is needed. Bare shaft tuning lets you know what arrow is needed for you and the bow as a unit. A great resource for proper bare shaft tunning is OL Adcock's website.

Comment

Here is the link

Comment

JDL how are ya likin that bob lee i just bought one and i love it!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X