ID:	24506987

Maintance should call before hand

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      [ATTACH]869024[/ATTACH]

Maintance should call before hand
      LOL......Fo' Sho'

Comment

If you absolutely want it "locked up", I'm happy with the quick access pistol box I have. 4 buttons that can worked in the dark, and it throws the door open for you. I only use it, because of having young kids around.

My father, who was single until recently, used plastic coated magnets on the back of his nightstand. Maybe this would be a good fit for her? It puts the gun out of sight, you can mount them where ever you want, and the gun can still be accessed very quickly.
        Last edited by LakeJake; 08-18-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txsteele View Post
          No kids. Single.

Burglaries or inspections by maintenance while she isn't there.

I'm an LEO and have seen it all. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
          The weapons value is should not be considered. It is expendable if stolen. Having it readily accessible in that once in a life time event is all that matters.

Putting it up when children or sketchy guest visit should be the only time it should be out of reach.
          Last edited by Tbar; 08-19-2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

I have a couple of different small safes. One is a GunSafe, https://www.thegunbox.com/. It is both biometric and RFID. It's the one I trust the most. I wouldn't trust the biometric in a time of dire need but the GunSafe will open by just momentarily holding the credit card or keychain fob over the safe. It can be secure to the nightstand with one of those computer cables. My other small safe is a Barska I got off Amazon. It's big enough to hold a couple of handguns, knife, flashlight, prescriptions, and other valuables and can be bolted down to nightstand. It opens with biometric so in times of high stress it may be a challenge. It is great for securing small items away from kids.

Comment

I'd recommend one with easy access and is very discreet, has internal rechargeable battery with power adapter option for portability, has a GPS locator built into it in case of theft, interior lighting, has an addible motion alarm if moved or tampered with, has option of bio-metrics; or a "key"-ring worn on the finger; wrist band key; or no-swipe key card; or key-fob key; or bluetooth; or number code to open. She will even have a choice of colors. And also charges your cell phone.

Be sure to look at all the options. It is very discreet. And can be mobile if not anchored. A security cable can be gotten for it also for storing in your vehicle.

I really don't know why these have not become more popular. I'd also recommend a GPS chip stored inside for locating if somehow stolen.

Comment

Ignorant me . I just now seen Beleg's post.

Comment

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                    I guess all these folks saying bolt it the floor or wall missed the part about her living in an apartment
                    I have bolted it to a floor in an apartment, unbolt it and fluff the carpet and you never see it.

Comment

I was gifted this one. It's bigger than I would have picked but it's fine. It could probably be opened with a little work but that's not the reason I got it.

I'd chose no bedside safe over a safe if I didn't have kids. I have a year old now and only reason it's here. Before that it was on my nightstand or inbetween my mattress. I played with a few and didn't want thumbprint because I had problems using it. This ones cheap think around $69 and has a place to bold it down but anywhere I could bolt it made it harder to open. I don't care if someone steals the whole box I just don't want my kid getting into it and I want to be able to open it quickly so it sits where it sits. It gets opened daily and my carry piece goes in it as well as one that stays in it all the time for me/the wife with a light on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X