Cruise Line paying up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
    I normally do not get into these class action things, but this one caught my attention. I despise solicitation phone calls. They are such a waist of time. So I went on their site and checked. Two of my numbers are listed. I went ahead and signed up. Could get as much as $1,800. That would at least pay for a hunt or two.
    My number isn't on the list.
    I don't know why, but I got multiple calls like this since years ago. Maybe the calls come from different company. I wonder if I could sue them individually if I could track down the callers, like what I read about a law firm called Lemberg Law who sued a company on behalf of a consumer because of robocall case. Maybe I will try to track them down if I could sue them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
      Hahah all 4 of ours are too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I forgot to check the kids numbers. [emoji16]

Comment

You will probably end up with a 75 dollar check and no right to sue the cruise company. The lawyers on the other hand will get rich.

Comment

I saw this on our local news last night.

1 of our 3 numbers are on the list.

Comment

Have to check this when I get home. Blocked here at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
              You will probably end up with a 75 dollar check and no right to sue the cruise company. The lawyers on the other hand will get rich.
              If that... they will appeal the ruling .

Comment

Yeah a friend of ours and his son were in a big class action suit for being exposed to cancer causing agents while repairing refinery tanks. They were stoked the amount got bigger and bigger and bigger - they went out and bought all kinds of stuff and started living high on the hog - afterall it was in multiple 10's of millions!! When they finally got paid it wasn't even enough to pay what they'd already spent! Lawyers got about 90% of the settlement.

Comment

Probably. I have been getting a check for almost 20 years from a electric company who lost a class action case. Its $2.50 ever year, like clock work. I'm sure those attorneys are making a lot more than that.

Comment

2 of 4 numbers for me. Hopefully, something good will come from all of the calls we have been getting.

Comment

My number was on there.. we shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Non of my numbers were on there. Y'all must have signed up for some buckmasters freebies or something.

Comment

Send me my money!

Comment

Yep, some stinking low life lawyer will win big and the people who actually were called will end up with peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                              Yep, some stinking low life lawyer will win big and the people who actually were called will end up with peanuts.
                              Amen to that! :-). This one was actually brilliant. The settlement agreement reflects each call will be capped at $300. That got everyone fired up (including media). Each call could have been "capped" at $100,000 and payout would be the same. The more people who respond just drive the amount to be paid per call down. With few exceptions, the only people making any real money in these cases are the lawyers.

Comment

Lawyers love these--they skim the big bucks off the top and toss the pennies to the victims.

Comment

Working...
                                X