Take down bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take down bows

How does a takedown bow stay in tune if you take the limbs off & put them back on? Sorry kinda new to traditional.

You have to be carful that you check your brace height when you put it together.
    Other than that nothing else can change.

Comment

So my gamemaster 2 should be fine to take apart for trips to the deer lease?

Comment

Yes!

Just buy a bow square and make sure the brace height is where it is supposed to be every time you put it together!

Bisch

Comment

One more thing, loop the ends of your string together to ensure that the string does not unravel while unstrung.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Just went from a samick sage to the gamemaster 2....I think it's my new baby lol.

Comment

Congrats on the upgrade!.

I use a two piece bow exclusively. As long as I loop the ends through each other as Ben said I never have any issues. it is a good idea to verify Brace height / nock height as often as possible though!

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Yes!

Just buy a bow square and make sure the brace height is where it is supposed to be every time you put it together!

Bisch
                This, or just check the logo on your arrows and see where they meet the edge of the riser or the plunger or rest, etc.

Most folks forget the cresting/logos are put in that location on arrows for a reason. Might as well use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                  This, or just check the logo on your arrows and see where they meet the edge of the riser or the plunger or rest, etc.

Most folks forget the cresting/logos are put in that location on arrows for a reason. Might as well use it.
                  Lol I never thought of that, good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post

I do this or I will draw a line on the arrow where the arrow meets the belly of the bow. It is a quick and easy way to make sure you have it at brace and not have to have a bow square with you all the time.

Comment

I don't unstring the bow I am using and shooting a couple of times a week. I have a soft case that I use for the bow when I travel. You can take them down if you need to do it for room, and I suppose there is some risk if it is strung...but that is how I do it.

Comment

Yup. I leave mine strung for weeks at a time too. As long as it doesn't get too hot where the bow is, it won't hurt a modern laminated bow one bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X