Let's see your all wood laminated bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    Lonnie's bows are the best looking composite bow out there, bar none!!!!! They shoot really nice too. I wish I had mine already so I could show off pics!

This past summer, a Lonnie Dye composite bow (all wood, laminated) shot one of the highest scores at the Texas State Longbow Championship in FTW. Obviously, the guy shooting it was behind the score, but for an archer of that calibre to trust it says a lot for it.

I know lots of other bowyers. There are lots of great ones out there, but I have also found my perfect bow, and that is my Sarrels Blueridge. I shoot others to try them out, but always come back to my Blueridge! I only own 1 laminated bow that was not built by Bob (and keep it for sentimental reasons), and like I stated above, I love his Mongol bamboo backed ipe bow, but it just does not like me so I had to find something else.

Bisch
    I built my selfbow in Lonnie's shop under his tutelage. The man isn't just a master craftsman he's a wood whisperer. Yeah I know, that sounds kinda silly but seriously, it's amazing to listen to his explanation of the properties of the wood he's working and why he does what he does and why the wood does what it does.
    I hope that some day I may have the pleasure of being able to build a laminated bamboo backed bow with him.

Comment

Hey Geezy, post some pics of your selfbow. The laminated bows look very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Hey Geezy, post some pics of your selfbow. The laminated bows look very similar.

Ok, I did a long diy thread as I built it. It was so fun carving it.

Comment

Man that's nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep Lonnie builds a great bow. Yes you can get a selfbow as straight as a lam bow. With the right stave and the right bowyer. Arvin

Comment

Arvin I have what I believe is an amazing stave that's almost dry. I'm almost afraid to hack it up with my novice abilities lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bows

Comment

Ive got some Osage Orange bow staves that have curing for a few years. Any pattern suggestions for the next step? This will be my first time building a long bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X