Brass inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass inserts

Has anybody ever doubled up on the brass inserts for the Easton fmj's? I'm currently using the 75gr brass insert. I just bought a new dozen shafts and was thinking of trying to put 2 brass inserts in for a total of 150gr to get more foc. Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bump

Comment

Anybody???

Comment

I haven’t tried doubling up the brass, but I do use 175 grn broadheads. Would have the same effect and a higher foc by keeping the weight on the front. I also had to go from .400 spine shafts to .330s when I went this route due to all the extra weight on the front.

Comment

What are you hunting? You’re already at or over 500 gr. (Most likely) total arrow weight.
          Last edited by Fishndude; 11-19-2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            What are you hunting? You’re already at or over 500 gr. (Most likely) total arrow weight.
            Yes right now I'm right at 525gr total with a single 75gr brass weight and a 125gr head. That set up I'm right at 14% foc. If i add another brass insert i would be closer to 19% foc. I'm hunting deer and hogs. Mainly wanting to try it for the hogs. So ill be at 600gr total weight.

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
              I haven’t tried doubling up the brass, but I do use 175 grn broadheads. Would have the same effect and a higher foc by keeping the weight on the front. I also had to go from .400 spine shafts to .330s when I went this route due to all the extra weight on the front.
              Yes sir I'm going with a stiffer arrow

Comment

Well I’m no arrow genius like Rat and some others, but I think you’re already in the ultimate set up for what you’re hunting. Not sure why you’d wanna change it but those numbers guys can prolly prove me wrong. 42 hogs have hated my 505 gr. Injexions this year but what I do doesn’t make it the best.

Too much Ashby??

Comment

Just to tinker and try something different lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                    Just to tinker and try something different lol.

Well heck ya. Tinker away. I’d be afraid to shoot that heavy of an arrow at a jumpy deer and there will be those who say that about a 505 gr. Arrow, soooo...!! JMO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      Well heck ya. Tinker away. I’d be afraid to shoot that heavy of an arrow at a jumpy deer and there will be those who say that about a 505 gr. Arrow, soooo...!! JMO!!
                      [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Your talk-n a very heavy subject now.

Comment

I don't mind a heavier arrow. It's only 75 grains more lol

Comment

There is nothing wrong with your idea, I know two people who do this for the same reasons you are exploring.

Comment

Fmj are good arrows. But horrible for making foc. To heavy on the gpi.

Building foc arrows require light gpi shafts. Then best way is build with heads not inserts. You don’t get as much gain with inserts. Your moving the weight the wrong way.

For a good hog arrow 600 gr is great. Again build weight with foc not gpi of shaft.

Now at this time since you have the arrows I would build it the way your doing. If it all works out then next time buy a lighter gpi arrow and then build it.

Also don’t worry about deer jumping that 600 gr arrow. If it does it would have jumped a 450 gr arrow. That is why we learn to watch the deer and learn when and when not to shoot.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X