Don't let them steal your truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
    Back to the top since I saw another stolen truck thread....
    With as much help as you provide with this thread monthly, you would think people would finally get off their rear and go get it installed.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
      had the Ravelco system installed a couple weeks ago on my F250

I had installed on a 1997 dodge van that my finishers use. The van was only 2500 but could not find a deal like it again. It was 500.00 even and took about an hour at my house

My Chevrolet is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright.

Just snagged a new truck. Do these work with 2019 vehicles? I know remote start gets trick and these thieves are using signal interceptors and what not nowadays so wanted to double check.

Calling them also.

Comment

Investigating this too for my 2019 Z71.
              I have been looking for just a simple hood lock of some sort so they just can't replace the computer with their computer and drive it off. That seems to be the issue with the Chevy's anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                A buddy has one, seems like it was around $450 installed.
                Also, they are based out of Richmond Tx.
                Seems like there should be insurance rebate involved

Comment

Mine is getting installed tomorrow morning
                  • For those curious (at least in the Houston area) they come to you and do the installation themselves.
                  • Price is 650$ for a truck and they only take cash or check
                  • They apparently are slammed all the time so kinda short with you if you call and they really push for you to look at the website for information. Not a issue but just a heads up
                  • To order you fill out a 6 question questionnaire with your info and the vehicle info and email it to them
                  • They then send you a email back with a appt time and you HAVE to respond to the email for confirmation.
                  • Lead time is currently 2-3 weeks but they had a cancellation the call before I made so they made it work

Comment

Thanks for information.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Alright.

Just snagged a new truck. Do these work with 2019 vehicles? I know remote start gets trick and these thieves are using signal interceptors and what not nowadays so wanted to double check.

Calling them also.
                      Interested as well.

Comment

I was gonna say that some electronic wizard could probably build a decoder. Plug it in and hit "Go".
                        Let a PIC do the compilation.

But then, doing a little math, there would be between 42M and 519M combinations to test, depending on correct permutations.
                        Might take longer than just getting the one down the row!

But then again, there's some might smart and fast computers out there.

In the meantime, seems pretty safe.

Comment

Working...
                        X