Just a little rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little rant

So I just moved to the dfw area about 2 months ago and just recently started working within the last month. Since I've started working I've been going out to lunch and I've been noticing a lack of manners from young and old working in fast-food.
    Now I've grown up in Missouri and I say please and thank you have have taught my kids the same but today really irritated me a bit. I am a white 33yr old male and the workers are predominantly Mexican around my work. Today I went to McDonald's ordered my food and when I asked for some sauce for my nuggets I said thank you and the lady just ignored me. Now maybe if she didn't understand English that might work nut she did. Further more I heard several Hispanic men and women say "gracias" or "thank you" and she responded back to them.
    I have noticed this happen at several establishments and it just irritates me.

That's just my little ***** fest

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yep. Encountered that yesterday at Subway. Very rude as I ordered. Hispanic lady behind me orders and they're laughing and carrying on. Maybe I just look like the kind of guy that supports closed borders. I dunno.

Comment

You should say "Thank you Paco".

Comment

Get used to it, people are losing their manners at an alarming rate. But I still call them out every time!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I say "thank you", and get ignored, I say it again, and again if necessary until it's acknowledged. The wife loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by futurerider103 View Post
              So I just moved to the dfw area about 2 months ago and just recently started working within the last month. Since I've started working I've been going out to lunch and I've been noticing a lack of manners from young and old working in fast-food.
              Now I've grown up in Missouri and I say please and thank you have have taught my kids the same but today really irritated me a bit. I am a white 33yr old male and the workers are predominantly Mexican around my work. Today I went to McDonald's ordered my food and when I asked for some sauce for my nuggets I said thank you and the lady just ignored me. Now maybe if she didn't understand English that might work nut she did. Further more I heard several Hispanic men and women say "gracias" or "thank you" and she responded back to them.
              I have noticed this happen at several establishments and it just irritates me.

That's just my little ***** fest

2 things..

1) Culture issues..those that are raised in different cultures don't assimilate to the american culture.
              2) You live in Dallas and there are a bunch of rude people up there. Basically a buncha yanks.

Comment

That goes beyond rude. Rude would be ignoring everybody. But ignoring someone then responding to every other person your same race is racist

Comment

Couple years ago we were antelope hunting in Wyoming and like the very confident hunters we were, we forgot to get ice in the big cooler. Long story short, I had to go get ice for two defunct goats. As I was struggling out the door of the store, ( two bags in each hand ), an older couple just pushes on through the door, never offering to hold the door for me, and I got there first. As they walked on through, I said " YOU'RE WELCOME ! ". I could see it ****** her off, but I did not care. I think I coulda took her anyway !

Comment

Pushing 55 yoa I hate the "no problem" response, you're welcome sounds better and is just as easy to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Couple years ago we were antelope hunting in Wyoming and like the very confident hunters we were, we forgot to get ice in the big cooler. Long story short, I had to go get ice for two defunct goats. As I was struggling out the door of the store, ( two bags in each hand ), an older couple just pushes on through the door, never offering to hold the door for me, and I got there first. As they walked on through, I said " YOU'RE WELCOME ! ". I could see it ****** her off, but I did not care. I think I coulda took her anyway !
                      Almost said that to somebody the other day....bit my tongue though, this time.

Comment

Chic fil a teaches them right, they are always very polite. My wife hates the no problem response.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                          Chic fil a teaches them right, they are always very polite. My wife hates the no problem response.
                          Yep. It's refreshing.

Comment

My wife went and bought some milk and a snack at the quickie mart in front of our neighborhood and the bill came out to $9.11. Then Apu says "wow those are lucky numbers" My wife gave him a horrible look like what the F did you just say and then he goes...."well maybe not here". She has been furious every since. Sorry kinda little of the original topic.

This was in Rosenberg,Tx.

Comment

I hate when the workers any place call me "boss"! I think to myself "hey knuckle head your not in jail anymore!" Stop calling your customers boss!!

Comment

Working...
                              X