Orange Beach, AL vacation must does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Beach, AL vacation must does?

For those on the green screen who have been to Orange Beach in recent years, what are must does for families? (kids 6 and 12) I've been there numerous times when younger but it's been over 15 years. Thanks for recommendations...

In

Comment

The Hangout is pretty cool for kids. The Gulf is in Gulf Shores but kid friendly.

Comment

We went last month for the first time and stayed in gulf shores, my kids 9yr old boy and twin7yr old girls loved it . We mostly hung out on the beach till we were hungry then went to eat. We hit all the tourist trap restaurants, kids liked the Hangout, they have a big sand hill and a foam party every hour. LuLu's has zip lines and an arcade. The wharf in orange beach has a nice Ferris wheel, movie theater, arcade, and laser tag. There's tons of mini golf, couple go kart tracks and I believe a trampoline park. We ate at a pizza joint called Poppa Rocco's that was really good and had more of a local vibe. Also ate at flora-bama yacht club, tacky jacks, and Lamberts (overwhelming amount of food). If you and your wife like beer there's a new brewery that's really nice called Big Beach Brewing CO.

Comment

Take your kids fishing

Capt. Jay Gunn
          251-752-8040

(Jay Hook Inshore LLC on FB)

He an outstanding with kids that age and will put you on the trout and reds.
          I have fished with him three times in as many years with kids aged 3-12. Plenty of fish every time.

My crew loves "Cattin' Jay"

Tell him Brad Boone sent you.

Comment

Lulu's is fun. One thing we did this year that was out of the norm was that we went to Waterville. I was dead set against it, but my wife and kids wanted to go. We had a blast. Absolutely no lines and we rode slides from the time they opened until the time they closed.

Comment

FYI, Lambert's is cash only in case you didn't know. A lot of folks don't carry much cash on vacation any more.

We got our monthly newsletter yesterday and it noted that the park at OWA would be opening this Friday, the 21st. This is at the intersection of the Foley Beach Express and County Road 20. I am not sure exactly what all they built in to this park but we will be checking it out on our next trip in September.

T

Comment

It's not real far to Pensacola to the aviation museum. That is a real neat place

Comment

Was there last week. The $12 ($15 evenings) dolphin cruise was good. Surf's Up dolphin cruise I believe is what they were called. I wasn't impressed with any of the food I ate, so I have no recommendations there.

Comment

Zip line place is cool for kids! Make a reservation a day in advance! Definately need to fish the surf, been there the last 5 years during July and always catch flounder and cow rays. The cow rays are worthless but they put up a hell of a fight on a 6 1/2" rod!! I love Orange Beach, white Fl sand with out Fl price!!

Comment

Awesome to hear all of the comments. Thanks guys, keep em coming. We go first week in August

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                        It's not real far to Pensacola to the aviation museum. That is a real neat place
                        Agreed. This place is super impressive.

Comment

We're here this week, this make year 11 for us, we kind of like the place. No kiddos this year, but we always do much of the same thing. LuLus is a cool place, Tacky Jacks, Lambert if you want to feel absolutely miserable when you're done. Lillian's Pizza down past FlorBama is awesome. . We always stay a couple condos down from FlorBama which means it's within walking distance, which sometimes isn't good. Take the kiddos parasailing l, we do it every single year and always have a blast. We use Chute Em Up which is right beside Tacky Jacks in OB. Have fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                            Agreed. This place is super impressive.
                            Look up the Blue angels schedule and you might be able to catch a free practice!

Comment

One thing to note, as mentioned, the Aviation Museum is a great place to visit and it's FREE.

There is easily half a day to see in there, really more depending on your group's enthusiasm, lol. Very cool place.

Comment

Working...
                              X