Bow blind from 8' spool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow blind from 8' spool

I was given a spool from a contractor a couple years back. Looks like this one.

Mother Nature is forcing me to use it now.

I've been wanting to build one like this for a while so here goes.

We began by welding a square base and four legs on the bottom.

Next we added some flat plate on the bottom of the legs to keep them from digging into the dirt.

I pre-drilled into the leg sleeves some 5/8 inch holes to weld 3/4 nuts to as set screws. This will also help in leveling.

We added some extra steel to beef up the legs for added support.

I removed part of the curved part and replaced it with a flat piece of steel for the doorjamb on top and bottom.

Final Pursuit TV

What happened to the other thread?

Comment

Bow blind from 8' spool

Added the uprights for the wall supports they are 7 foot tall. As you can see the legs telescope into the inside of the blind for transport and easy set up.

Decked the floor with three-quarter inch plywood and sealed it with a double coat of Thompson's water seal.

Welded on the roof section of the spool and pulled a favor from a sheet rocker buddy and he framed the roof pitch for me.

Got a door from Deerview windows (&doors) installed and ready to go.

And since nothing I build can be simple, I'm adding wiring for 12 Volt power and lighting inside the blind. I will have red LED lighting inside the blind under the windows and white on ceiling as well as a USB port and a "cigarette lighter" port too. No I don't smoke but my kid likes to watch movies when it's slow. Problem solved.

Added these two quarter-inch studs on the leg sleeve for a solar panel to charge feeder spare battery.

Final Pursuit TV
      Last edited by LloydMcCoy; 07-26-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Here's a temporary install pic

All the wiring is finished for the under window lighting interior, exterior, and ceiling including the switches.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
          What happened to the other thread?

It's in around the campfire and mods wouldn't move it so I'm putting it where it belongs.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Ah ok, I couldn't find it but knew that I'd seen this before. Lol

Comment

Had a hard time trying to find what to skin it with but ended up deciding to wrap it with galvanized corrugated metal . This happens to be half-inch deep valley.

I've decided to use drywall floor track for the upper and lower window frames radius.

I've cut it every 2 inches on both sides to allow it to bend with the radius of the blind.

And it actually came out better than I had hoped.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

sweet build out!

Comment

Used the same track for the window upright as well.

Wrapped The entire thing in black poly plastic to help with wind, scent and insects from entering or exiting.

Got the door trim on to keep rain on the outside. Got the J- molding from Phillips weld supply in Weatherford.

Now I'm wrapping it in insulation and putting on the first few pieces of tin.

i'll cut the windows out once I'm finished wrapping it completely.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

I found the center of the panel and made my radius to have a 4 inch overhang of the wall.

I had Home Depot calculate how many pieces I would need for the coverage that I needed, that was a mistake. Another trip to Home Depot is scheduled. Smh.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Bow blind from 8' spool

I have purchased two exterminator 2 feeder lights from sniper hog lights that I will also integrate into this build. Each window (5) will have its own adjustable and focusable red LED underneath it, like I said nothing to build can be simple. But when I am finished it will be awesome.

More pics and updates will come when I have more time to work on it , thanks for following.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

That sucker oughta be HOT in the summer temps and comfortable in the winter temps! You better build you a redneck ac for the early season!

Looking good though.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          That sucker oughta be HOT in the summer temps and comfortable in the winter temps! You better build you a redneck ac for the early season!

Looking good though.

Looking into central air now ! Lol

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

You're welcome.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I like it

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Working...
                              X