Big tax cuts coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big tax cuts coming

Looks like some big tax reform is coming down the pipe. Business tax to be reduced to 15%

We've got to find a way to balance our books, but since the government hasn't been able to do it with taxes, I'm totally fine with the big cuts.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin confirmed Wednesday that the Trump administration aims to lower business tax rates to 15 percent, saying a forthcoming proposal will constitute the “biggest tax cut” for Americans in history.

Just like the repeal of Obamacare, building the border wall, etc.... Don't count your chickens.

Comment

Im all for it
      but taxes have no relationship to spending in congress. They spend whatever they want regardless of how much they take in. I pray that one day that is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Just like the repeal of Obamacare, building the border wall, etc.... Don't count your chickens.
        Oh I agree, but even if they're not big sweeping changes I think changes of some kind are coming. And that is a good thing.

Comment

I'll gladly take any tax cut we can get. I just hope we get something. I'm not holding my breath though. The GOP leadership an Trump talked a great game in the campaign (and ever since), but they aren't putting much real success up on the scoreboard since taking office with complete control of the federal government. They're suddenly too concerned with protecting big government power, unfortunately.

Comment

I'll gladly take any tax cut we can get. I just hope we get something. I'm not holding my breath though. The GOP leadership an Trump talked a great game in the campaign (and ever since), but they aren't putting much real success up on the scoreboard since taking office with complete control of the federal government. They're suddenly too concerned with protecting big government power, unfortunately.
            I don't put one bit of it on Trump. The Republican congress even when in power has proved to be worthless. There are certain things that have to be signed into law via congress. Trump is trying to do what he said he would, activist judges and a congress that needs to be horsewhipped to get the simplest of tasks accomplished are impeding progress.

What scares me about the tax plan is it is cost effective over time. At first tax receipts will decrease causing a larger budget deficit year to year. After a few years the boom to the economy that they tax cuts intended will come through. By then if the dems are back in charge they wont used the surplus to pay down the debt one bit, they will see it as a reason to spend even more. Republicrats will most likely do the same.

Comment

Does this fall into the Less Taxes on business = more hiring formula?

Comment

Like the AHCA I'm for total rework of the tax system, not just reduction of rates. Go to a simpler tax system. There is no need for the complicated system on citizens. Flat tax or, my preference, consumption tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Does this fall into the Less Taxes on business = more hiring formula?
                  Yes it does. Trickle down economics or voodoo economics.

I am prayful at best!![emoji120]

Support is waning regrettably. .....really hopeful![emoji36]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    I don't put one bit of it on Trump. The Republican congress even when in power has proved to be worthless. There are certain things that have to be signed into law via congress. Trump is trying to do what he said he would, activist judges and a congress that needs to be horsewhipped to get the simplest of tasks accomplished are impeding progress.

What scares me about the tax plan is it is cost effective over time. At first tax receipts will decrease causing a larger budget deficit year to year. After a few years the boom to the economy that they tax cuts intended will come through. By then if the dems are back in charge they wont used the surplus to pay down the debt one bit, they will see it as a reason to spend even more. Republicrats will most likely do the same.
                    How can you not put any of this on Trump? He is the greatest deal maker of all time! Either he is not trying hard enough to get a deal done or he doesn't want to get it done. No other possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      How can you not put any of this on Trump? He is the greatest deal maker of all time! Either he is not trying hard enough to get a deal done or he doesn't want to get it done. No other possibility.
                      dealing with business men is a completely different thing than dealing with elected officials

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        Is he the one saying no? Or is it congress and judges?

Comment

Sigh...No matter what you do, people will find a reason to ***** and complain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            Is he the one saying no? Or is it congress and judges?
                            On the Obamacare repeal failure, it was GOP leadership and Trump that said no. The Freedom Caucus were arguing for the repeal of Obamacare that Trump and all the others in the GOP campaigned on last year. Trump and Ryan said no. Then they went even further and said they would target the Freedom Caucus members in the next primary election, saying the Freedom Caucus is the enemy and must be defeated because they wanted to repeal Obamacare and don't want to replace with something with a different name that is the same thing as Obamacare. Trump went further to say that he would start dealing with the Democrats to "fix" Obamacare.

On the border wall, the GOP and Trump have both caved before a vote could even be called. They seem to want to keep the Democrats from throwing a hissy fit over it.

It doesn't appear that Trump and the GOP leadership are committed to many of the things they campaigned on last year. Personally, this does not come as a shock to me at all, as it has always been obvious that this would be the case. But it's still disappointing.

There have been some positives here and there - especially with the nomination of Gorsuch. That was awesome. I'll give them that for sure. But there have been several large negatives as well.

Comment

Sheeze... It can't be Trump's fault, because it's O'bama's. And Hitlary, and the libturds, and let's not forget California...

Comment

Working...
                              X